Search Unity

Game won't open (Gear S2)

Discussion in 'Tizen' started by C4lcab, May 15, 2017.

1. C4lcab

C4lcab

I managed to develop part of my game to smartwatch (I'm currently using a Gear S2 for testing). I created the certificates and then did the build and run to the smartwatch after connecting it to my computer (following the steps Unity provides to do so).

The app shows up in the watch, but once I click it, nothing happens. It gets highlighted for a couple seconds, and nothing happens, then it just let me navigate through my apps again. The game works on emulator, though.

I read some people saying it has to do with Unity version, but I'm using 5.6.0p3 which I read that should work fine.

I have no idea of what I'm doing wrong because I get no erros both in the watch and Unity when building the game. Any help would be appreciated.

@Edit: tested with 5.4, nothing =(

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  2. sukwon-suh

sukwon-suh

3. C4lcab

C4lcab

Thank you @sukwon-suh! I got the tpk running.
    Okay! I'll be waiting that script.

4. sukwon-suh

sukwon-suh

Attached script can modify TIZEN API version.

1. Please copy this to /Assets/Editor/

2. You can see menu on the Unity Editor.
    upload_2017-5-19_17-23-43.png

3. please check your environment in c# script.
    string output = System.IO.Path.Combine(System.IO.Directory.GetCurrentDirectory(), "rebuild.tpk");
    string tizen_sdk_tools = "C:/tizen-studio/tools";
    string signingFileName = "s";

// list dowan scene name to be imported to tpk
    string[] levels = new string[] { "Assets/default.unity", "Assets/default2.unity" };

4. This line can replace strings in tizen-manifest.xml file.
    lines[index] = lines[index].Replace(@"api-version=""2.3""", @"api-version=""2.3.1""");

5. Select MyTools > Tizen Build With Postprocess.

I tested it on UNITY 5.4.5p2 and TIZEN STUDIO 1.1.1 (Don't use TIZEN STUDIO 1.2, I found problem just now, script doesn't work on this)

- How to downgrade Tizen Studio 1.1.1
    A. Change version on Package Manager > Configuration
    upload_2017-5-19_17-32-23.png
    B. Select 1.1.1 > OK > Tizen SDK Tool will be removed

upload_2017-5-19_17-35-3.png
    C. Reinstall Tizen SDK tools

D.Set CLI configuration again.
    My case :
    C:\tizen-studio\tools\ide\bin\tizen.bat cli-config "default.profiles.path=C:\Users\sukwonlaptop\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.tizen.common.sign\profiles.xml"

Done

Attached Files:

milkymomo likes this.
  5. sukwon-suh

sukwon-suh

For TIZEN STUDIO 1.2
    just modify 1 line as below.
    //proc.StartInfo.Arguments = "package -- \"" + stagingFolder + "\" --output \"" + output + "\" -t tpk -s " + signingFileName;
    proc.StartInfo.Arguments = "package -- \"" + stagingFolder + "\" -t tpk -s " + signingFileName;

6. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

Hi Sukwon,

Will doing this allow the app to be published to the gear store? I had a game with 25,000 downloads in the store sometime back which got banned because it was built in Unity, just wanted to see if this works around the issue.

Thanks,

Jon

7. sukwon-suh

sukwon-suh

@Jonny-Roy
    Yes, If your app was rejected as using illegal whitelist(undocumented API) from the Store, this solution can help you.

Because UNITY 5.4.x supports TIZEN 2.3 and UNITY 5.5.x / 5.6.x support TIZEN 2.4.
    But wearable Store allow TIZEN 2.3.1 and 2.3.2 only. That is the reason why Store reject UNITY games.
    This solution can change API version of Unity Apps and there is no problem to register Unity Apps to Wearable Store.

And please use 5.4.5p2 version for wearable. because 5.5.x or higher version doesn't support Tizen 2.3.

Additionally, it doesn't mean Unity supports Tizen wearable profile. We are still considering it under discussion.

Thank you.

8. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

Understood :) I've just finished setting this all up and published the build to the store and it went through fine. Thanks so much for your help Sukwon-suh you rock!!

I made some minor tweaks, but mainly to update paths and things and output some debug messages when things go wrong, but it worked great!

Thanks again,

Jon

9. dotruonggiang88

dotruonggiang88

Hello @sukwon-suh,

I recently tried to publish my first Native App to tizen store , But validation team rejected it due to some whitelist issue (An API, which is not officially documented in the Tizen SDK, has been used in the source code of the Application package.) how can i resolve this and publish my Native App successfully
    Notes: My application only has an api "dpm_security_wipe_data[erase]"
    App security report here
    upload_2017-12-26_10-9-8.png

Please help me !
    Thanks a lot !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017