Search Unity

Game not rendering in VR

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by lozanomarcus, Apr 24, 2017.

1. lozanomarcus

lozanomarcus

When trying to build an app for android, the app compiles fine, but when I run it, there is only an ordinary camera in the scene, not two separate views. The game includes a part that utilizes the Daydream controller's gyro, and in the app I can see it move around fine (BTW I am using the controller emulator on another phone). I have double and triple checked all the player settings, installed the SDK multiple times, and even tried to build on the cloud, but still no luck. I'm very new to unity, but not as new to programming. Any help or ideas would be awesome!

2. reedny

reedny

When you run in the Unity Editor (presumably on PC or Mac) do you see 1 or 2 screens? If it's 1 in Editor then you have a config issue for sure, but if you get 2 in Editor and 1 on Android then something else is afoot.

Also try GVRDemo (GoogleVR...Demos...Scenes) to see if it has the same issue in your env.

3. lozanomarcus

lozanomarcus

In the editor everything works fine, two screens with distortion. I have also tried building the GVRDemo, but it defaults to the cardboard mode with the reticle, and if I try to force daydream, I get the same problem of only one screen. I suppose I could also try running it on a different phone to make sure it's not just my Android.