Search Unity

FXLab - Unity Effects (Does NOT require Unity Pro)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Marrrk, Oct 10, 2013.

1. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

By looking at the thread seems that the last answer from the developer is from months ago, anyway I'll ask nonetheless since this asset is on sale today:

Is this asset going to get support for the incoming Unity 4.6 and 5.x? The last update dates back to December 2013 and there seems to be lots of unanswered issues here.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  2. broesby

broesby

I cannot find anywhere if it is possible to create global fog with FXLab. Is it?

3. BES

BES

Can't use this with eyefinity resolutions..

Currently my screen size is 4800x900 ...every example scene in this asset will crash with a console error "Trying to read pixel out of bounds"

Same thing when I try to use this asset in my game project ...get the same error..

4. BES

BES

Seriously? ..no thoughts at all on how I could solve this issue?

I need my game to support eyefinity resolutions(or the Nvidia version of eyefinity) ...

5. mmax

mmax

Does anyone experience problems (compile errors) when also Decal System from Edelweiss Interactive is installed ?

ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExportedTypes () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/monoAndRuntimeClassLibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/Assembly.cs:376)
    FXMaterialHelper.<get_FXTextureTypes>m__6 (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) (at Assets/FXLab/Scripts/Editor/FXMaterialHelper.cs:35)

Or just me ?

6. FlatterBacke

FlatterBacke

Hi There.

First a Fast Hotfix for users using Unity 4.5+ Versions.

www.flatter.syrka.net/Unity/index.php?dir=Assets%2FFXLab%2FUnity_4_5_1_DX11_Hotfix%2F

For those how want to check out the Beta FXLab Thermal Vision Plugin you can Download it below.

www.flatter.syrka.net/Unity/Assets/FXLab/ThermalVisionPlugin/PluginPackage/FXLab_ThermalVisionPlugin.unitypackage

The Manual Link.

www.flatter.syrka.net/Unity/Assets/FXLab/ThermalVisionPlugin/PluginManual/FXLab Thermal Plugin Documentation/index.html

You need the latest FXLab Version to use the plugin.
    It will be realesed soon but you can check it out if you like.

PS.
    My bad ass English in the manual will be overworked soon :p

Here is a WebPlayer Scene for the Plugin to Show the Effect.

http://www.flatter.syrka.net/Unity/...eSceneWebplayer/ThermalVisionSampleScene.html

Greetings.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  7. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks for this :), glad to see the pack supported :)

8. FlatterBacke

FlatterBacke

Yes needed some time to make the Plugin.

Next Plugin will be Support a Glow Effect like in the Indie Glow Asset for FXLab and its 95% done to.

Both Plugin are for Free for FXLab Owners and i am going to make more in future.

9. Frogger007

Frogger007

is the 'Island Demo' part of the product ?

10. FlatterBacke

FlatterBacke

No its just a Sample Scene to show the user how to setup the Water Effeckt like all other Samples.

If you like it you can use parts of the Sample Scenes (like the Bird Controller Script...) for your own stuff. Remember some Files in the Sample Scenes used from http://www.reinerstilesets.de/de/ its a nice ressources Site to get free stuffs.

Greetings

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  11. TrollHachem

TrollHachem

Hey , I'm thinking of buying this but What's the difference between buying this for 20$ and for 30$ from the asset store?

12. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

There is no difference in the package between the AssetStore and Payloadz except the price.

I wanted to ask if this package is planned to be supported into Unity 5.

13. TrollHachem

TrollHachem

That means i'll get updates when i buy throught payloadz?

14. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Am pretty sure there are not going to be any more updates. The maker of FXLab (Marrrk) is no longer supporting it so FlatterBacke is helping out with problems. So any update in the form of a patch will be on this page.

15. TrollHachem

TrollHachem

16. someunityguy

someunityguy

Curious how you would use fisheye effect on unity free ?

17. Steel_Arm

Steel_Arm

Does anyone have any ideas on adding bloom to ONLY the self illuminated parts textures? I don't want to add bloom to the entire scene, just want glowing lights on textures.

18. Sykoo

Sykoo

I cannot edit the materials in my Inspector menu. I can only choose what effect(material) I want with FX Post Process. Even in the example scenes... Please help me?

19. FlatterBacke

FlatterBacke

FXLab Glow Plugin Webplayer Preview.

For those who want to checkout the FXLab Glow Plugin Sample Scene i uploaded the Compiled Webplayer Beta Version 0.96. I am near done with the work exept the manual and want to show a preview now.

Webplayer Link.
    http://www.flatter.syrka.net/Unity/...WebPlayer/FXLabGlowPluginSampleWebplayer.html

The Plugin download follow soon, this Time its useless because without any manual to setup the Glow Objects you just get confused^^

The Plugin Download is Free for FXLab Owners as well as the Thermal Plugin and reachable by a Public download Link later.

Greetings.

20. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Awesome. This is just what I need for my fire particle.

Thank you very much for your support of this pack:).

21. FlatterBacke

FlatterBacke

Some Missing Answers.

NeatWolf:
    I think Unity 4.6/5.0+ Support is Possible but i dont know the changes from the Unity Developers in the near Future.
    I can test the compatiblity only delayed to the realese dates for the Unity Patches but if someone of you find any Unity Version related errors just post it here.

broesby:
    A Global Fog Shader in ScreenSpace is possible but not writen this time. The Problem is for the CPU/GPU Impact because the Calculation needs at least a ScreenBuffer and DepthBuffer. Related to the Default Unity Build in Fog System a Custom Shader like this is useless i think.

BES:
    FXLab is Designed for Low/Medium Resolution NP2 Effects because the (GrapPixel Function) in the Free Unity Version need a loot of Time. A simple ScreenGrab with a 1024*768 pixels resolution (None Nearest Power of 2) without any Optimisation needs a least like 70+ ms each grab and is uselss at all for Applications with a 30 FPS Target Framerate. FXLab reconfigures the Screen Ratio Size to NP2 for each grab Multiplyd be the Factor Settings. Means 1024*768 results as 512*512 Grab Texture by a Factor of 0.5 and on...
    For resolutions like 4800x900 with a high Factor the Grab Texture results as 4096*4096 NP2 with a Very High CPU Impact.
    The Only Solution in that case is the Unity Pro Version with RenderTexture FrameBuffer Access, the free Version Pixel Grab is just desinged to slow.

mmax:
    I dont know the compatiblity to other Assets because i dont tested it here, be sure to use the latest FXLab Version and a correct setup.

someunityguy:
    A Fisheye effect is realy easy to make with the FXLab. You just need a fine rendert Normal Texture and the ScreenBuffer with a Disturtion PostProzess with the Normal Texture attached to it.
    Then use a Custom Script to Update the Disturtion Material Strength at Runtime.
    I dont found any realy good Normal Texture this time via Goggle but i can create you a fine Normal Texture Later with a little Sample Scene Download.

Steel_Arm:
    The FXLab Bloom Effect is designed for fullscreen using only but maybe my new Glow Plugin will be help you a bit later.

Sykoo:
    I cant find any Problem here with the Materials Attached to the FXPostProzess, maybe you do some setup failure? or using a realy old FXLab Version?
    If you are using self made shaders be sure to add the ( CustomEditor "FXMaterialEditor" ) tag below fallback call in the Shaders. This ensures that FXLab displays shader material correct in the Inspector.

Greetings.

Baldinoboy likes this.
  22. FlatterBacke

FlatterBacke

Yeah Baldinoboy i think i finish the project this week and you can download the Plugin at the weekend i hope. :D
    The render prozedure for the Glow Plugin is complete rewriten with a bit more impact but more Flexible as well.
    The Plugin brings all Glow Shader Types like my Indie Glow Asset but this version got Multi Sub Material Support now.
    So 3D Models with more then one Material exportet are no problem anymore. You can setup up the different Glow Materials in PlayMode to like the Thermal Plugin with makes life easyer :)

hopeful, Baldinoboy and nasos_333 like this.
  23. Demigiant

Demigiant

Hello,

I have a friend that would actually be interested in the pixelized effect, but I can't find any examples. Do you have screenshots of it in action somewhere? Thanks!

24. FlatterBacke

FlatterBacke

To use the Pixelize Effect just go for the Sample Scenes under PostProzess and open the Pixelize scene. Select the Camera Obj and set a Value for the Size while in Play Mode.

25. FlatterBacke

FlatterBacke

Here some Pixelize PostProzess Pictures i have made fast.

The Sample Scene Output with 10 Pixel Width:

The Sample Scene Output with 100 Pixel Width:

and 500 Pixel Width:

26. Demigiant

Demigiant

Fantastic! I think that's exactly what he wanted. Sending him a pic :)

27. FlatterBacke

FlatterBacke

FXLab Plugin Updates.

The Unity 4.5+ Hotfix again, remember to it first befor using a Plugin.
    www.flatter.syrka.net/Unity/Assets/FXLab/Unity_4_5_1_DX11_Hotfix/FXLab_1_2_X_Shader_Hotfix_for_Unity4_5_1_DX11.unitypackage

The FXLab Glow Plugin Version 1.0 is done and now aviable for you to download for free.

FXLab Glow Plugin Package:
    www.flatter.syrka.net/Unity/Assets/FXLab/FXGlow/FXLab_Glow_Plugin_V1_0/FXGlow_V1_0.unitypackage

FXLab Glow Plugin Sample Scene Project:
    www.flatter.syrka.net/Unity/Assets/FXLab/FXGlow/FXLab_Glow_Plugin_Sample_Scene_V1_0/FXGlow_SampleScene_V1_0.unitypackage

And 2 Manual Versions for the Glow Plugin.

FXLab Glow Plugin Online Manual:
    http://www.flatter.syrka.net/Unity/Assets/FXLab/FXGlow/FXLab_Glow_Plugin_Manual/WebVersion/FXLab Glow Plugin Documentaion/index.html

FXLab Glow Plugin Offline Manual:
    www.flatter.syrka.net/Unity/Assets/FXLab/FXGlow/FXLab_Glow_Plugin_Manual/OfflineVersion/FXLab%20Glow%20Plugin%20Documentaion.zip

FXLab Glow Plugin Sample Webplayer:
    http://www.flatter.syrka.net/Unity/...WebPlayer/FXLabGlowPluginSampleWebplayer.html

The Thermal Plugin Download with the missing Sample Scene Project Download link:

FXLab Thermal View Plugin Package:
    www.flatter.syrka.net/Unity/Assets/FXLab/ThermalVisionPlugin/PluginPackage/FXLab_ThermalVisionPlugin.unitypackage

FXLab Thermal View Plugin Sample Scene Project:
    www.flatter.syrka.net/Unity/Assets/FXLab/ThermalVisionPlugin/PluginSampleScenePackage/FXLab_ThermalVisionPlugin_BigSample.unitypackage

And 2 Manual Versions for the Thermal View Plugin.

FXLab Thermal View Plugin Online Manual:
    http://www.flatter.syrka.net/Unity/Assets/FXLab/ThermalVisionPlugin/PluginManual/FXLab Thermal Plugin Documentation/index.html

FXLab Thermal View Plugin Offline Manual:
    www.flatter.syrka.net/Unity/Assets/FXLab/ThermalVisionPlugin/PluginManual/FXLab%20Thermal%20Plugin%20Documentation.zip

FXLab Thermal View Plugin Sample Webplayer:
    http://www.flatter.syrka.net/Unity/...eSceneWebplayer/ThermalVisionSampleScene.html

I Hope you have fun with it.

Greetings.

hopeful likes this.
  28. FlatterBacke

FlatterBacke

Now i am going for the requested FishEye Effect.
    I am not sure this time if i just post a script here or upload a little sample scene more in a few days

29. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hey! For some reason, my FXLab inspector looks like this after a while:
    http://gyazo.com/a5cf5ea4a19a56c2c9810f9dd7af166e

I cannot edit the preferences in inspector anymore. I have the latest version but it doesnt work... Can you send me a link maybe of your current version? It might be a wrong with my connection between asset store or somtething?

Thank you :)

30. BES

BES

Ah ..ok ... it runs though now without crashing at 4800x900 ...I just get like 300+ errors about pixel out of bounds Unity version 4.5.4f1..
    The demo's in the asset look really good though ..but I guess I wont be able to use the asset currently in my project since I need support for pretty much every resolution...including widescreen/eyefinity type resolutions.. and currently cant get the Pro Version ...pretty broke atm ..running on fumes..

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  31. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hey! For some reason, my FXLab inspector looks like this after a while:
    http://gyazo.com/a5cf5ea4a19a56c2c9810f9dd7af166e

I cannot edit the preferences in inspector anymore. I have the latest version but it doesnt work... Can you send me a link maybe of your current version? It might be a wrong with my connection between asset store or somtething?

Thank you :)

32. FlatterBacke

FlatterBacke

I have Checked the Asset store Version of FXLab and its up to date V1.2.0 same as mine here.
    This time i use the Unity 4.5.3f3 Version and maked you a Picture Showing your Post Prozess list in the UnderWater Sample Scene.

The Output device is DX11 here as default but i got the same result with DX9 anyway.

Here A picture of the scene:

Usualy i dont wont to Upload the Current version anywhere but you can send me your Asset Store Purchase Email and your (InVoice) Code as a private message here and i show what i can do for you. :D

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  33. FlatterBacke

FlatterBacke

FXLab FishEye Package Update.

I am done with the requested FXLab FishEye Effect.

Here the Download Link for the Package:
    www.flatter.syrka.net/Unity/Assets/FXLab/FishEyePackage/FXLab_FishEye_Package.unitypackage

A Simple Screenshoot with a Rendered Cube:

How To Use:

1: Select a GameObject with a Camera Attached.
    2: Now Attach the FXCamera script as Component.
    3: Next add a FXCaptureScreen or ScreenBuffer Texture Script as Component.
    4: Now we need a FXPostProcess Script to render the effect.
    5: And finaly the FishEye Script.

You find the FishEye Control Script in the Component Tab under ( FXLab/Postprocessing/FishEye ).

Create a New Material call it FishEye_Material and select the ( FXLab/Postprocessing/FishEye_Script_Controlled ) Shader.

At least assign the new created Material to the FXPostprocess and the FishEye Script Component and set your Strength Values and Enjoy it.

Greetings.

34. twiggyash

twiggyash

Hi guys, I'm desperately trying to use TextureRendering on an Android device (a Note 7 with Tegra 4) with Unity Free but it just works in the editor but on mobile it doesn't work and just display a pink/fucsia texture. What can I do?
    I just need it to create a maxi-screen in a stadium with some animations.
    Thank you very much for help!

Have a nice day.

35. Sykoo

Sykoo

Pink color on textures in general means that the texture requested or applied is basically missing. Be sure that you include the asset/package in the built version of your game.

36. zeuxgame

zeuxgame

Did shockwave fixed?
    or is there have some solution?
    the solution above says remove fxtexture component
    but it not work to me
    it only display the effect when I select the shockwave object
    and when I unselect it, then stop, then play, it display wrong again,
    does any one know how to fix this?

Sorry about my English, my first language isn't English

37. twiggyash

twiggyash

Hi, thank you for the suggestion but I think that everything is included when building the apk. How I could know if the RenderTexture.asset is included or not? I've read that anything referenced int the editor is included in the build. Am I wrong?

Thank you very much!

38. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hey! No problem :)
    I think you should check if the texture is applied in every single scene. Like if you have it attached to the object in one single sccene, but not on the rest, then it won't apply on the scenes it has not been applied on.

39. twiggyash

twiggyash

I'm using just one scene only to try if RenderTexture works. But it doesn't. At the moment i'm trying to build the Multi-view example scene from FxLab Sample directory. Just appears pink/fucsia texture on Android Tegra 4 and no way to make it works. Does FxLab RenderTexture works on mobile?

40. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hmm, I'm sad that this problem occours...

I am not really sure and I have myself not used the multi-view in general. You should try and see if other FXTextures does work such as Light Shafts and if they do, there must be a problem with multi view specifically.

41. twiggyash

twiggyash

Hi again, I tried what you said but LightShafts scene too shows me just a pink/fucsia fullscreen. Tried Water example scene too but the water was all black. I changed "update interval" to 300 ms to see if something would change but nothing happened. Could be something about texture compression in the build menu? I used no crompression and dxt (Tegra) compression but there's no difference. Anonther question, the Export button in the Inspector is usefull for what?
    Thanks a lot for help!

42. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hello!
    If you have pink textures you should try and reinstall/redownload the package of FXLab. If the current version in Asset Store does not work, try and find an older version because pink means basically that the texture requested and applied is missing :)

I am not sure about the export button in the Inspector. Is it specifically for FXLab do you mean? I've never actually seen it! :eek:

43. twiggyash

twiggyash

Everything works fine with the webplayer build so I think my problem is not a missing texture error but some kind of conflict with mobile devices. Have you ever made a build for a mobile device? However, if you open the RenderTexture Details menu in FX Buffer Texture script for example you'll find the Export Button like in the pic. FxLabExportButton.jpg

44. Sykoo

Sykoo

Oh, well I am not quite sure about the export button :/
    Sorry can't help

45. maglat

maglat

Are there any plans to bring back the mobile support?

46. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Could someone help me please? I tried to purchase this asset, but for some reason, we are having major issues getting to it. As it is, I had to compromise, because my physical birthday money can't be use for a virtual store... :D

So, until my mum get's paid on her other card, I can't get this. Tried tonight, the payloadz link failed to verify, and... the ASSET STORE failed to verify, yet mum was able to use the associated card with EBAY, for crying out loud! :mad:

Help... :(

47. darkhog

darkhog

Could you perhaps write tutorial how to develop new effects when we have this gem bought and in the project? Is it like writing regular shaders or do we do perform some voodoo?

Sykoo likes this.
  48. Frogger007

Frogger007

Is there an planned update for unity5 ?

Arkade likes this.
  49. ZJP

ZJP

All V5 are PRO. So, FxLab is not really necessary for 5.

50. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

I do not plan on using it but these effects were setup to run in pro better than the Unity effects. Also the water is amazing and was supposed to run fast in pro too. So for paying customers it should update to 5. If not it should be taken off the Asset Store. It was a very helpful tool . If it were updated to work in 5 I probably would use the water again.

Eric2241 and Frogger007 like this.