Search Unity

[FREE] I made some scripts to Lerp transition between 2 PostProcessingProfiles

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by alexanpl, Apr 9, 2017.

1. alexanpl

alexanpl

Hey there!

As the title implies, I made some scripts that allow you to slowly transition between 2 Profiles based on
    A) Time, or
    B) Distance

I was not aware if there is anything like this out there. A quick google search didn't come up with anything. Feel free to drop by and test out if you're interested! Pull requests and issues are gladly accepted and I'll do my best to handle them as fast as possible

https://github.com/alkoclick/PostProcessing

(If you don't care about the rest of the PostProcessing stack, just grab the "Transitions" folder)

Enjoy and let me know for any issues / requests! :)

2. Nova-Shade

Nova-Shade

Hi !

I always thought it was missing in the post processing stack of Unity ! This is a great idea.

However, after testing it I think it's not working properly unfortunately :(

I'm using unity 5.6 and here is how it works for me : If I set the transition time to 10 , once I enter the trigger volume it disable all post process and then suddenly after 10 seconds it swtich to the second one. There is no apparent transition.

Also, once it have switched to the second post process , even if I get out of the trigger volume it doesn't get back to the original one.

Note : I just picked the transition folder from github, maybe I'm missing something...

Anyway, thanks a lot for this , I just hope this is me getting the whole thing wrong :)

Edit : Wanted to let you know I would easily spend money on this asset if it was on the store.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  3. mecharius

mecharius

Great idea - I'm going to check it out, thanks.

4. alexanpl

alexanpl

@NovaShade

You were correct, this was a bug in the activation limit of turning things on and off. I fixed it in the latest update

Yes, once you have switched to a second PPProfile, I keep it in place and don't reset it. This is the functionality as I would expect it (e.g, as you move down a corridor, your PPProfile changes to the one of the next area). But I would be interested in knowing arguments for the opposing decision, or if you have other suggestions!

While I thank you for your kind words, I wanted to put this out for free. I have received many things for free from the Unity community and I wanted to start giving back! :)

Edit: I just realized I've used your free lamps package for prototyping. The coincidence is amusing! :D

5. Nova-Shade

Nova-Shade

Yeah ! It works, thanks you so much.

And for the lamps package this is a funny coincidence haha

6. UziMonkey

UziMonkey

Thanks for this, I had wanted to do this but couldn't immediately figure out how to do it so I just skipped it.

7. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

Doesn't this support Important Volume similar to UE4?

8. Rodolinc

Rodolinc

Just what I needed, thanks a lot!