Search Unity

Free FPS Starter Scripts!!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by viral-vector, Nov 11, 2010.

1. rbneville

rbneville

Hey man i was playing your original version of the game and found a glitch (just thought i would let you know). if your in a corner when 2 or more of your bots come towards you it pushes you up onto the wall. Also thanks for the awesome scripts.

2. viral-vector

viral-vector

@rbneville will take a look at

NEW WEB PLAYER!!!

Update april 09/2011

1. Drop and PickUp weapons ===now the weapon capabilities are infinite (check out new webplayer)
    2. Rc Vehicles : Rc Helicopter
    3. Various Fixes
    1. Must press "e" in order to buy things
    2. others

press g to drop your weapon "e" to pick up
    rc helicopter : mouse wheel for speed, wasd for turning ==== Still very unstable controls

I am looking to add multi player to this!!!!......pm if you have extensive knowledge.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  3. rbneville

rbneville

@l4mishotiz
    Cool, I look forward to trying the new version. Sorry but I'm relatively new to Unity so i couldn't really help you with multi player, but if you need help with animation or some texturing, I have 3ds Max and Photoshop. pm me if you need help and I'll try my best to help you out

4. viral-vector

viral-vector

* improved drop weapon : you dont have to drop a to pick up.
    *improved scroll wheel select : faster
    *improved bobbing while aiming : weapons bob better when you are aimed down

Major : Meele weapons finally here!.
    Did it by stripping the gun shoot script, and using the kickback to animate the meele weapon

BTW: HELICOPTERS ARE FREE
    you dont need 5000 to purchase them now. you can test as many as you like

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  5. viral-vector

viral-vector

*improved drop weapon: weapons retain ammo
    * Rc helicopter controls improved
    *Added option for rendered scoped : try the sniper out for an example

6. dankmobb

dankmobb

Looks like your coming along, Cant wait to see our latest update.

7. Servo-27

Servo-27

L4mishotiz are you still working on the coding for the THM project?

8. viral-vector

viral-vector

Yes, wanted to give you guys a few days to work out the animations. If you checked out the webplayer for some of the scripts i wrote for this project will serve the basis for yours.

9. hike1

hike1

I finally got the fpxzero unitypackage DL'd 'why did it have to be bears?' Could you put up a DL
    package for your new helicopter version please?

10. sandtrap101

sandtrap101

Ummm well nothing work's im a noob and I fail. I've tried adding the inputs but guns won't fire and it constantly says dead. If anyone could help/make a tut it would be great. Cheers.

11. rockysam888

rockysam888

Setting inputs for reference:

12. sandtrap101

sandtrap101

Already done that :\

13. rockysam888

rockysam888

@sandtrap101: What is your error message? Any screenshoot?

Did you add both scene files in "file>build settings"?

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  14. linuxva

linuxva

Work like a charm ! Thanks for sharing !
    Amazing work !

Question :
    How can I chance day-night system ...to be longer ?

Request :
    If is possible to see a version with : helicopter , car , knife , flamethrower ...

- some life "healthbars" over the enemies will be nice ! :)

Thanks in advance !

Keep up the good work!

Vali

15. sandtrap101

sandtrap101

As I spawn it says I am dead immediately so I don't think the health system works for me :|

16. N-Dev-Games

N-Dev-Games

I can't download the package at all, the website link is broken . Is it uploaded somewhere else?

17. rockysam888

rockysam888

18. N-Dev-Games

N-Dev-Games

19. N-Dev-Games

N-Dev-Games

I am getting this error and can't figure it out.

Assets/ScriptsDB/WeaponScripts/gunscript.js(8,6): BCE0132: The namespace '' already contains a definition for 'gunTypes'.

20. viral-vector

viral-vector

I think you must be using another scripting package...Start a new project,import my scripts, and then add others and see what triggers errors. That error means that there is another script that uses that name

21. viral-vector

viral-vector

for day and night speed : sunHolder.Translate(curVect*Time.deltaTime*spex/2,Space.World); ====> remove the spex/2 and use your own numbers/variables : will have an inspector variable for next release

Next package will come in two versions : Lite and Pro

22. rockysam888

rockysam888

What would be the price of Pro?

23. HolBol

HolBol

Dude, look in the unity store.

24. rockysam888

rockysam888

@Fishman92: Are you sure it is avaliable in store? Sorry, I can't find it. :(

25. HolBol

HolBol

Oh, I thought you meant unity pro.

26. rockysam888

rockysam888

27. viral-vector

viral-vector

As of now, i am not sure even whether pro will be free or paid, and if paid, as an indie developer myself i could not charge a ton for the package. but both will be feature packed. lite will only contain the weapons prefabs (with scripts updated to pro standards) while pro will basically be, all updated scripts from last package release, and a bunch of new additions, optimizations(cleaned polished,best case/running time structures, efficient scripts,etc.)...\

28. viral-vector

viral-vector

Forgot to mention,i am working on a multi-player aspect to the game itself. so the pro version may,or may not include a primer for networking for your own projects. I will also have unity pro features for the pro version, while the indie will not. for example i will add an option to blur the screen when the player gets shot/run/etc.... but the option will only be in the pro version. alike the new scope, will only be a pro feature. I will also design a few more GUI extras and goodies for the pro. Pro will have all the vehicles as well (rc helicopter + rc car + rc plane). Pro will also include game logic, so along with the simple ai, you get score,points,plus set up for online games(team like cap the flag). I will also tweek the code around so that an animated model can be used (for multiplayer).

I expect to release FPX.zero v2 in about a month

I want to make sure the pro version will be a killer app, whether free or commercial.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  29. rockysam888

rockysam888

30. viral-vector

viral-vector

Update : New Pro Features TEST HERE
    1. integrated character model, with locomotion, and animations. Now you can have an animated model as the shell while still using the old hands and weapons. Take a look at the Webplayer. This is done so in multiplayer each player will have a fully animated character rather than floating hands, the floating hands is only visible by the controlling character, he cannot see his model, but others cam.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    2. Multi player has been primed (most Gui work, and basics put in place still might not be 100% working...Working on a deathmatch map) Thank you "M2H". I used his tutorial as a primer.
    3. Rc-Helicopter Improved (mouse wheel controls height, we now have a targeting system..improved flight mechanics).
    4. Performance Improvements

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  31. viral-vector

viral-vector

Networking primer Is complete. Should Be able to connect and run around with others. The soldier model is used to represent each new player.

32. wildking58

wildking58

hey im lost. I saw your weapon models and i saw a p90 one but it is only a texture. How can i make it into an actual weapon to use. And also what script do i use for the weapons to shoot because i cant find any??? Please help fast!

33. rockysam888

rockysam888

Any news of updated version?
    :)

34. viral-vector

viral-vector

For any questions please send me a personal message
    Also the latest project details/videos can be found on here.
    VIRALVECTOR YOUTUBE

Right now the networking aspects of the game are coming to near completion for the next releases.

Networking Wise all is left is to script game logic for basic team death match, and free far all modes. along with other in and outs.
    1. Also a decal or effects manager is being written for the project, that will handle all effects spawning for single, and multiplayer games.
    2. Rc cars still need to be added.
    3. Fade( in and out ) blood splatter on screen needs to be implemented

Weapon sway, and bob, and poser will receive heavy upgrading either this or next release.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  35. N-Dev-Games

N-Dev-Games

Any reason why I automatically begin as "dead", no weapons or anything works and it lags really bad? This is in a basic room with no textures yet. I just wanted to test my ideas and cant.

36. viral-vector

viral-vector

I will look into this tomorrow. For any other question please send me a message as i can see them faster, and respond quicker...Any bug, and issues will be tackled before next release so keep testing!!

I do recommend just using the older project file in order to familiarize oneself with this package. The new update will be more stable.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  37. squid

squid

i want the stuff plz

38. viral-vector

viral-vector

I am planning on releasing the lite version within this week. just handling a few bugs

current news found here : NEWS

39. viral-vector

viral-vector

FPX zero V1.5 RC! from ViralVector is now under Testing phase
    //Lite Version is ready for release, and will not include networking, and as of now will only come with the older Enter Vehicles code!
    //Set to release sometime this weekend!

TEST HERE

V1.5 Brings:
    1.Dynamic weapons. Weapons sway,move,and rotate more realistically thanks to a new Gun Bob Script
    2.Weapon pick up and dropping (*bugs should be ironed out)
    3.Shooting script has been improved (*removed dead code, and kickback and rotations are now smooth)
    4.New player Controller script
    5. + Various other updates and tweaks compiled over development

Please help test and debug the package. * Multiplayer is only available in the pro Version and still under development, along with Rc helicopters and Rc vehicles!

//We have found a modeler animator = Next Version will feature new arms finally animations!

//We are aware of a few bugs still needed pieces of code.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  40. viral-vector

viral-vector

Delayed Release an Extra Day or two!
    DONE:
    I wanted to rewrite the spawn scripts, no longer do they control the game. I have added a simple game manager, rag-doll support + rag-doll physics script, edited the health script a bit,pick up weapons don't collide with player. some other tweaks.
    WILL DO:
    add the decal manager(script already written), and new ai using the bootcamp model with a new ai script + ragdolls for ai as well.
    Not positive if vehicles will make the "Lite" or "Pro" version yet

Check out a short update! 2 features are still missing. TEST HERE

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  41. Pgmbru

Pgmbru

hi

look

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  42. N-Dev-Games

N-Dev-Games

Any release info yet. I also thought I would post something because I am tired of looking at the above comment lol.

43. viral-vector

viral-vector

i apologize for the wait...The package is complete. i am actually going through extensive bug testing right now.. i wanted not rush this out,and have a million emails regarding bugs and set up. i came across a bug in my rc helicopter witch i am debugging, and as the multiplayer components are in the same package, i need to clean those out without causing further bugs. i believe i will have all this complete Wednesday.

Game Dev has always been full of bugs that push release deadlines sadly.

44. Ullukai

Ullukai

Thanks for letting us know ! I know what that is like getting a rid of bugs,etc.. making it delayed. But Hey ! That means :)QUALITY:) is there when bugs,etc.. are being fixed ! so it will be worth the wait

45. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Yep, what Ullukai said.

46. viral-vector

viral-vector

any one interested in helping me do a beta test for multiplayer? pm me...I will need about 6-8 people for today around 1pm eastern time

47. Ullukai

Ullukai

dang, i was working on my other game at that time . I would have helped but i guess its too late ?

48. viral-vector

viral-vector

I will have another test tomorrow. Any one interested pm me 12 noon. I will be hosting at 1pm eastern time.

49. viral-vector

viral-vector

Online Beta Testing now live for all HERE

50. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

That link just bring me to the home page of kongregate.com...