Search Unity

Free FPS Starter Scripts!!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by viral-vector, Nov 11, 2010.

1. viral-vector

viral-vector

jediaction1 : ?? what do you mean its a virus??!!!.

2. viral-vector

viral-vector

New Web Player Out
    Jan 27, 2011.

// Showcasing Game mechanics before upload to Kongregate/ and New package release.
    *Main Menu Script
    *Tweaked and Improved Ai
    *Improved mounted weapons/enter script (now you can zoom in with right mouse/can shoot projectiles
    *Dusk added to day cycle script.
    *other improvements adjustment i cant remember now..

ENJOY SEE IF YOU CAN GET THROUGH ALL 10 ROUNDS. WATCH YOUR BACKS!!!!

3. viral-vector

viral-vector

New Web Player Out
    Jan 27, 2011.

// Showcasing Game mechanics before upload to Kongregate/ and New package release.
    *Main Menu Script
    *Tweaked and Improved Ai
    *Improved mounted weapons/enter script (now you can zoom in with right mouse/can shoot projectiles
    *Dusk added to day cycle script.
    *other improvements adjustment i cant remember now..

ENJOY SEE IF YOU CAN GET THROUGH ALL 10 ROUNDS. WATCH YOUR BACKS!!!!

4. viral-vector

viral-vector

5. Zri

Zri

Nice job! I like the simple gameplay and AI entities. :) However, I noticed the weapons lack "reload" animations. The "reload" sound effects are the only alerts the player would receive whenever the weapon is reloading.

I suggest you should at least include a basic "reload" animation. This can be done by lowering the weapon from the player's view when the weapon is reloading, then raising the weapon to its normal position once the reloading of the weapon is complete. A video game called AssaultCube managed to implement this technique successfully. You can also use the "running" animation instead to substitute the "reload" animation of the weapon. :)

In addition to this technique, you can also display a "reloading" message next to the crosshair or ammo HUD. The reloading animation is quite important as it would visually alert the player that the weapon is in the process of reloading.

I also noticed an error would occur when the player "dies" while using a gun mount; the "dead" player would still be able to fire the gun mount! :D Other than that, the game works properly. I hope you succeed in completing this project. :D Good luck!

6. viral-vector

viral-vector

Zri: Thank you and do notated. I Will add some basin animation through coding. not very skilled with 3d animations

7. bradjensen68

bradjensen68

New package released soon?!?

8. claybornp

claybornp

I loaded the project and I already have errors and can't even press play, any suggestions?

9. W4RH4WK117

W4RH4WK117

Nice post can't wait for the update

10. bradjensen68

bradjensen68

What errors are you getting? Did you add this to an existing project, or are you looking at the demo included?

11. bradjensen68

bradjensen68

12. viral-vector

viral-vector

I apologize for the delay in an update. i have bee working on adding a few new features, while doing a lot of bug work. Redid the gravity gun, and added a script that can be used for lasers and gravity guns.
    a new update will come soon with the release of the game. Please Stay Posted, I am shooting for a release next early next week.

For anyone having errors when first uploading the package, they should be input errors which can be easily fixed.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  13. diegorborges

diegorborges

Thanks a huge lot for that. I just started with Unity 1 day ago and its so nice to find people that wants to help and share like you.

Keep it up!

14. ivanzu

ivanzu

Why is downloaded pack so difrent from your game i imported it and weapons are al time in zoom mode.

15. viral-vector

viral-vector

diegorborges: thank you for the comments
    ivanzu: The package is many versions older than the current webplayer. I release webplayer's more often than packages. Please stick by there will be a new package soon next week, after i rewrite the Ai scripts. I have many more updates, fixes, and goodies.

16. viral-vector

viral-vector

New Player!

I have posted the last webplayer before full release. I have implemented all i wanted to do for this Package/Game release. Please give any comments and feedback.

17. bradjensen68

bradjensen68

Looks good. I wasn't able to tell if the problem with the inout script was fixed where the enemies would ignore you if you were using a mounted weapon. I experimented with making the player a child of the weapon or vehicle but was not able to make it work.

18. viral-vector

viral-vector

Thank you, and Yes the issue has been addressed

19. viral-vector

viral-vector

20. VladimirMejia

VladimirMejia

Hi l4mishotiz, im been waiting for so long the next release of your package, im working in a iPad game and im needing a simple code for make a Pause Button, using touch not mouse. Other thing what i need is how to make an scoreboard, im using the code for wave system provided by Twiik and SPK, my game has 10 waves too and i need an scoreboard after the last wave, may you give me a hint?

Thanks.

21. Muzzn

Muzzn

How do you open the .rar files? Also, is your webplayer really the right version? It gives me something different.

22. viral-vector

viral-vector

Use winrar. The WebPlayer is much newer the the available package. The New full package will soon be available on my website. The new update WILL BE UP TODAY!

23. bradjensen68

bradjensen68

Erm, which day is today? :)

No matter, can't complain about free scripts. I look forward to the next release.

24. s0beit

s0beit

Today is yesterday :p

Nice anyway, I'm confused about the web player though, it says "First Person Shooter" however there is nothing "First Person Shooter" about the game in the link.

I'm downloading the package anyway, just to tinker with what i can and thanks, I'm not criticizing you I'm just a little confused is all :)

25. viral-vector

viral-vector

Link Fixed Sorry for the Mix Up

26. s0beit

s0beit

It's alright, i saw you included the EXE and even though its bare bones i think it has everyone someone would need to get started.

Thanks!

27. viral-vector

viral-vector

NEW PACKAGE UPDATE :

GET IT HERE

FOR NOW ONLY WINDOWS ( MAC Version Tomorrow)
    Please if you are first comment on implementation

28. CWM

CWM

Excellent! Thank you so much for your contributions to the Unity community. These really help people learn. Thank You Best Wishes :)

29. viral-vector

viral-vector

Hope to see a biuld of something you create, with the package. Best wishes likewise

30. beltzaser

beltzaser

Been a while since i worked on this scene. When i import the new package i get an error about C4D? Any idea why?

UPDATE: Scrap that, quit Unity and re-opened. Now its fine for some reason.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  31. hike1

hike1

1st I got 'where's the detonator stuff so I installed that, now I get

Assets/Detonator/System/Detonator.cs(48,29): error CS0106: The modifier `virtual' is not valid for this item

32. viral-vector

viral-vector

The version of detonator i used was before unity 3.0 was released and there have been updates. I wrote my own explosion system codes. i suggest creating a new explosion prefab, and replace exploNorm with your own prefab.

33. Enzign

Enzign

Thank you for sharing. Awsome scripts!

34. hike1

hike1

The version of detonator i used was before unity 3.0 was released and there have been updates. I wrote my own explosion system codes. i suggest creating a new explosion prefab, and replace exploNorm with your own prefab.
    Unquote

Any way to just delete the explosions?

35. bradjensen68

bradjensen68

I am getting a different error:
    Assets/Standard Assets/Detonator/System/DetonatorBurstEmitter.cs(15,38): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `DetonatorComponent' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

I don't know where to start with that.

36. viral-vector

viral-vector

I will be uploading a new version utilizing my new explosion system my explosion system. Please hang out. for now just replace all explosions. They are contained in the grenades, and also damage receiver script.

37. mrtyninja

mrtyninja

I'm having problems with my arms flying away from the camera while running lol any ideas on how to fix this?

38. viral-vector

viral-vector

New Package Up March 17/2011

1. Removed Detonator and Included my explosion system. It is not as detailed as detonator so i wold recommended using detonator for full games. but the system allows for force, shoots chunks or derbies, timed sounds, and times particles. (this should fix any detonator related errors).

2. Provided a better ZBears Prefab to demonstrate the AizeroScript with animated characters

bucketHead3495: First look at the weapon positioning script, and check the position of your weapons wen you press the run button. Possibly you have not defined the run position position well. If that does not help look at the weapon bobber script attached to the weapons, and try decreasing the bobbing effect.

39. bradjensen68

bradjensen68

Awesome. Thanks!

40. minevr

minevr

Thanks for share...

41. viral-vector

viral-vector

I posted an updated version of my personal game i am making with the scripts on Kongregate

Play Here

Next Package Update Will Feature
    1.)dropping picking up weapons, specific weapons slots,
    2.)lasers, flamethrowers, also possibly the addition of close combat knives etc.

Specific Weapon slots : knife 1, automatics 2, 5 specials etc. This is so the player can only carry one type of weapon per each slot, depending on the weapon class.
    Of course i will add more weapons to demonstrate.

3.) tweaking the luncher script with new features.
    4.)Revamping the damage giver and receiver scripts

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  42. sucasa

sucasa

i downloaded that FPX Zero script package, and there are soo many problems. first of all there is no floor when i load it, and when i click a bunch of compiler errors pop up and say i cant paly until i fix them. can anyone link me a download to a good working full version to use on unity?

43. bradjensen68

bradjensen68

My guess is that your download is corrupt. The downloaded package worked fine for me. The only issue is that you have to remember to program your inputs.

44. sucasa

sucasa

how can i do that? ^

45. bradjensen68

bradjensen68

Edit->project settings->input

In the Input Manager, increase the size of the Axes by 6 and then add:
    Sites
    Run
    Crouch
    Action
    Flashlight
    Reload

Assign the "positive button" to whatever you want for each of these actions.

If that didn't make any sense, you can try here: http://unity3d.com/support/documentation/Manual/Input.html

46. hike1

hike1

Is this the right link? Because it doesn't work.
    http://viralvector.ucoz.com/index/fpx_zero/0-7

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"
    The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

47. viral-vector

viral-vector

yes that is the link, and it should function just fine, i just check it and did not receive the error

48. hike1

hike1

I'm getting that error 20 times now, could you put it on a free DL site like mediashare please?

49. Viet4Lyfe

Viet4Lyfe

i downloaded it and i drag and dropped your raygunshoot script into my actual game object and it doesnt do anything? :/

50. viral-vector

viral-vector

there is avariable in the script call gunActive. change the gunActive.enable = false to true under function start