Search Unity

Forums keeps logging me out

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by Baste, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Baste

Baste

There's been a change to the forums where they keep logging me out all the time. I have to relog several times a day, and about half of the time, logging back in doesn't work - I click the button but stay logged out.

Did you change something? Or are the servers just derping?

FaffyWaffles and Qbit86 like this.
  2. orb

orb

There's a bunch of threads about this. They've made some changes to the webauth, and it's still not quite there yet. It's been fine for me after logging out and ensuring I get the login box so I can select "Keep me logged in". Clear cookies if necessary.

3. ladyonthemoon

ladyonthemoon

Keep me logged in doesn't work for me.

4. Timelog

Timelog

Nor for me.

5. orb

orb

Yeah, I guess the forum just hates some people :/

6. Baste

Baste

Yup, clearing cookies and making sure that keep me logged in is checked does not help.

7. orb

orb

I've got it working consistently on my laptop, but keep getting logged out on the desktop (and need double login attempts). Slightly different browsers, but probably something UT did anyway.

8. Dave-Carlile

Dave-Carlile

Same issue here. It's interesting that I just have to click the login button and it logs me in without having to enter my info. So the cookie is available, just seems to not be used until I click the button. Same issue on the Unity Answers side.

9. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

I have the problem too.
    Suddenly im logged out and if i try to login aka pressing the, (You must log in or sign up to reply here.) text it just put be back on the page without doing anything , and if i do it again im suddenly logged in without entering username or password anywhere.
    Kind of wired, i hope they get it fixed.

10. Buhlaine

Buhlaine

Community Manager

So yesterday we had some maintenance with our webauth, and it looks like there is some lingering issues. Our web team is aware of the issues and are working towards getting it fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience!

11. Dave-Carlile

Dave-Carlile

Any ETA on getting this fixed?

12. orb

orb

It's been good for me since yesterday, but I've also been rebooting for upgrades so I had to log in anyway.

13. Jaimi

Jaimi

I can't even log in to the forums at the office anymore - gives me an error that the website dropped connection now whenever I attempt it. Works fine read only though.

14. mgear

mgear

Still have problem that if close the browser, have to click login every time..

15. Deleted User

Deleted User

"Keep me logged in" not working here, either. Then again, forum login only works in Firefox for me to begin with. In Chrome clicking "Login" just refreshes the site without anything happening.

16. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

We just deployed an update that should fix the issue. Let us know if you are still experiencing it.

17. Dave-Carlile

Dave-Carlile

I'm still experiencing the issue. Cleared cookies, logged back into the site (prompted for user/pwd), restarted browser, not logged in. Pressed the login button and immediately logged in with no prompting. Repeated several times.

18. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

Mmm, it seems we got rid of some redirect issues keeping the site reloading. However, due to these redirects happening since we've switched to a new accounts system but the forum is still running on our legacy system, there is currently not a way of reading the "Remember me" state, so it's being stored in a session cookie, thus expiring when the browser is closed. This would explain it :/ We're discussing internally if we can develop a solution for this, so we can skip the redirects and have forum users log in directly from the new accounts system.

19. Dave-Carlile

Dave-Carlile

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation!

20. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Is this still the case? I'm finding myself having to log in a lot again lately.

21. Dave-Carlile

Dave-Carlile

It's completely broken for me in Chrome now. I get logged in, and then an automatic reload 2 seconds later and I'm logged back out. Just cleared all of my cookies and it still happens. I can get logged in in Edge though, but I hate Edge.

22. Baste

Baste

Huh, I've been getting automatically logged in properly the last few days. I've seen the refresh thing, but that seems to log me in, not out.

23. Dave-Carlile

Dave-Carlile

Oddly, the Chrome browser at work doesn't have the problem with logging me out. Although I'm still forced to login every time.

24. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

I'm on FF at home, and it's just behaving a little oddly. It's mostly ok, but I have to log in every time I re-open the browser (not the end of the world) and have had a couple of random logouts or page reloads.

25. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Oddly, it works fine on my phone, but I always have login on my laptop (chrome / Mac)

26. orb

orb

I'm usually logged out between visits (using four different devices across at least three different IPs), but clicking the person-button immediately makes me logged in, no stop by the login form. Yay cookies! Better than the old way, where I had to visit the scary alien lady page, tick "keep me logged in" to not be logged out while in the same session and then "log in".

27. playemgames

playemgames

This keeps happening to me as well, had to enable third party cookies to get it to keep.

Dave-Carlile likes this.
  28. Dave-Carlile

Dave-Carlile

Interesting - I recently disabled those in my Chrome browser at home. I'll try white listing this site tonight and see if that resolves it.

29. martinvium

martinvium

Third party cookies are a requirement, because Unity ID (used to login) is hosted on unity.com vs. the Forum, which is hosted on unity3d.com. Thanks for clearing that up.

Matt-Voda likes this.
  30. Dave-Carlile

Dave-Carlile

Okay, I white listed unity3d.com and unity.com and things are working again. It's interesting that this had been working for several weeks with 3rd party cookies off. Ah well, progress at least.

Matt-Voda likes this.
  31. chassets

chassets

I have the same problem, I can't post any replies in my threads :( Here it seems to work though.
    No matter which browser or PC or even cell phone I try to use...

32. LilGames

LilGames

It's Feb 2017 and this issue still persists for me. I don't have this issue on other websites.

Firefox
    Windows 7
    (all up to date)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  33. Deleted User

Deleted User

I login, and in like 2,3 seconds it logs me off, its so fast I cant press to enter a thread or type or anything.

Iam on Chrome right now and it works,
    but on Firefox it doesnt work

and I JUST updated Firefox, incase was my older version, and I shutoff ALL my plugins (didnt uninstall them though), still the same problem

Chrome works for me... but i dont like Chrome as much as Firefox

34. Lex4art

Lex4art

+1, often catch "You must log in" in many actions - checking recent alerts, editing posts... Browser - Google Chrome with ZenMate VPN plug-in. Under Microsoft Edge it works fine...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  35. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

100% broken in chrome 56 with privacy badger on
    working on vanilla safari

36. chassets

chassets

37. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

The forums are doing that thing where you have to log in every time, again. Just started today, or possibly yesterday.

--Eric

38. Lex4art

Lex4art

+1, around two days ago this started to happens... Browser - MS Edge.

39. Le_Tai

Le_Tai

It always do that thing on me, both on mobile and desktop Chrome, so the issue probably not extensions

40. MV10

MV10

I'm constantly amazed that something so simple and trivial can be broken so regularly and for such long periods of time.

41. Murgilod

Murgilod

After months of this being a nonexistent issue on my end, I'm now constantly being logged out.

42. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Here too. I've never experienced this problem before, but about two days ago, it suddenly started happening here — every time I sit down, I have to log in again. Nothing has changed on my end (same version of FireFox, OS X, etc.). It seems like something has changed on the server.

43. tsangwailam

tsangwailam

This issue start again just yesterday. I try logout login again, no help.

44. Player7

Player7

So this is back again...why Unity.. what have you dun gon changed now?!

45. LaneFox

LaneFox

I thought that this was just never fixed, because ever since this issue began it never has really been resolved for me. I still have to constantly log back in.

46. Player7

Player7

Was working fine for a few months, last couple of days have noticed its come back.

47. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

It was fixed; you need to enable third-party cookies. However it's broken again now.

--Eric

48. LaneFox

LaneFox

Bah.. Guess I missed the memo.

49. Baste

Baste

Yup, this got worse again.

50. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

Who is using a privacy plugin?
    Privacy badger captures these stinky calls and I'm thinking one of them is handling authentication:

Attached Files:

MV10 likes this.