Search Unity

Bug File System case sensitivity problem

Discussion in 'Linux' started by brunoramoslu, Jul 24, 2017.

1. brunoramoslu

brunoramoslu

Hello,

I'm running unity 2017.1.0xf3Linux (amd64) in debian with an ext4 file system.

I have tracked an error causing unity to be unable to list projects on disk and unable to open projects when you have base folder with different character case.

Example:

I have my unity projects in /home/brunoramos/code

Everything work ok.

If I create /home/brunoramos/Code (with an upper case C) unity will no longer find the projects.
    Trying to manually Open a project browsing to /home/brunoramos/code/myproject will also not work, and will make unity complain about window layout issues misleading the user.

If I delete /home/brunoramos/Code everything stars working again.

I think somewhere in unity's internals there is a problem with the way characters case is managed.

Please let me know if you need more details, or if you cannot reproduce the problem.

Regards,

Bruno

2. janinko

janinko

Unity has also problems with file cases in other places.

When starting Unity installed in /mnt/Data/apps/Unity, it failed when copying certificate from my other disk /mnt/data where the folder apps/Unity is not present

I also had problems with installer trying to select the proper installation folder as it kept disappearing (being deleted) from disk when I selected it in installer window. Probably because of the same reason, as I had to remount the disk into different location first to make installation work.

I also can't report this issue within Unity, as Unity freezes and crashes every time I try to do it.

3. PJayB

PJayB

Unity Technologies

Thanks for reporting this. I've filed a bug and we'll get to this when we can.