Search Unity

file access denied

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by negative Z3R0, Jan 5, 2014.

1. negative Z3R0

negative Z3R0

Internal compiler error. See the console log for more information. output was:
    Unhandled Exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Users\Douglas\Documents\New Unity Project\Temp\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll.mdb" is denied.

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean isAsync, Boolean anonymous) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CompilerServices.SymbolWriter.MonoSymbolWriter.WriteSymbolFile (Guid guid) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.SymbolWriter+SymbolWriterImpl.WriteSymbolFile () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.SymbolWriter.WriteSymbolFile () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.CodeGen.Save (System.String name, Boolean saveDebugInfo, Mono.CSharp.Report Report) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Compile () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

is there a way to fix this? I really don't understand..
    Thank you for any help

2. Sir-Tiddlesworth

Sir-Tiddlesworth

Try running unity as an administrator.

3. negative Z3R0

negative Z3R0

I tried and it still showed me the message . I run windows 8.1 on a 64 bit computer if that can help... When i restart the PC unity works for a while but then gives me the same message and i do not like restarting my computer every 15 minutes.

4. drewradley

drewradley

Try turning off your virus software. I had to turn off the real time scanning when I started getting that error.

HearsAWho, 8as8all1000 and clincha like this.
  5. negative Z3R0

negative Z3R0

It works fine now. Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  6. 8as8all1000

8as8all1000

7. GameDeva

GameDeva

THANKYOUUUU :D

8. Isidore

Isidore

Running as admin worked. Thanks:)

9. DaBestEva123

DaBestEva123

I am 13 and have the same problem. I ask my mother if she can and said where i got the solution from, and she says "Well it must not be a very good site, no-one turns their virus checker off" -facepalm- are there any other solutions that don't include doing so?

10. Deleted User

Deleted User

you can make a change in your script, like adding a space at the end (a change that doesnt affect the code), then save the changes and the error should go away. you might have to do it more than once sometimes. and you dont need to turn off you mcafee real time scanning either.

dhairyek likes this.
  11. occak

occak

And how would a mac user go about this? I'm having the exact same problem [UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/Users/myName/.local" is denied.] but I can't see any 'run as administrator' option?

RGV likes this.
  12. occak

occak

ok apparently entering the command sudo /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/MacOS/Unity in the terminal starts Unity from the root. Now I need to add this somewhere in bash_profile so that i don't have to do it every time I run the application

13. RGV

RGV

Absolutly genius! Thanks!!!

14. Deleted User

Deleted User

your welcome, glad I could finally help someone :)

15. nuttyapps

nuttyapps

I am so stupid i have been creating file and before there i created folder of the same name and it gave me this message as well. :D :S Sometimes S*** happens :D

16. psbgames22

psbgames22

- Go to file and cut & past the file some where else.
    - Then press the try again button.
    - Again past that file to the privious path.
    - Now, when you press try again key; unity start running.

anisimovdev likes this.
  17. ExpressAlles

ExpressAlles

Another workaround that did the trick for me was to just remove the script component from the game object in the inspector and then put the script component right back.

Rebooting and making minor changes to the script did not work for me but removing and then re-adding the script component worked in Unity 2019.2.13f1.

18. ahmetala

ahmetala

change the path of the building place

19. Om245

Om245

Thanks so much
    I ran unity hub as administrator
    and its works