Search Unity

FBX export from Belnder to Unity Armature in Clip names Issue.

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by emiller100, Oct 20, 2016.

1. emiller100

emiller100

How do I have Unity name the clips from an FBX from Blender to not include the armature name?

My clips are named Armature|walk and Armature|run.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    FabulaLeonis likes this.
  2. FabulaLeonis

FabulaLeonis

Same issue here, did anyone get that solved? :)

3. TimHW

TimHW

I don't know if there is a setting for preventing it on import but if it is only a few animations - you can manually rename the animations via the Inspector under the model's 'Import Settings' in the 'Animations' section:
    - Click on the clip you want to rename to bring up its animation details
    - Click inside the clip's name text box
    - Change the name, then push enter to apply it

4. FabulaLeonis

FabulaLeonis

It's every animation so I guess there's a setting somewhere.

For the moment I'm going with the dirty following workaround within my Animation controller-generating post processor script:

Code (CSharp):
    1.                 string name = clip.name;
    2.                 if (name.Contains("|"))
    3.                     name = name.Substring(name.IndexOf("|") + 1, name.Length - name.IndexOf("|") - 1);
    Doesn't solve the issue but at least the State name is clean :)

If anyone gets to know about this isue, don't hesitate to share anytime

5. Pengocat

Pengocat

If you use a workflow where each animation clip is one FBX file then you can name the FBX file after the mesh FBX followed by an @ symbol and the name of the animation clip.

The workflow could be like the following.
    1. Export FBX with the skinned Mesh and Rig but no animation. Let's call it Box.fbx
    2. Rig Import setting in Unity is set up as a Rigged Mesh.
    3. Import Animation unchecked.
    1. Export FBX with the skinned Mesh and Rig and one Animation that twists the box. Name it Box@Twist
    2. Rig Import setting in Unity is set to copy the avatar definition "BoxAvatar" from the previous file.
    3. The twist animation clip should have been made automatically with the name of the Mesh omitted.

6. FabulaLeonis

FabulaLeonis

Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately my workflow doesn't do that (as it would mean 20+ exports/imports per character, which becomes really heavy unless developing a lot of automation).

I'm considering having cinematic elements exported in separated FBX though, I'll give a try to your solution when I work on that :)