Search Unity

Faucet Player System | Physics Character Controller (V1.0 Released)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by McGunn, Aug 19, 2017.

1. McGunn

McGunn

Official Thread for Faucet Player System.
    Available Now: https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...ics-character-controller-and-game-syste-99123

Faucet Player System (FPS) is a Unity Asset that aims to start with a foundation of the tightest Physics-Based character controller available on the Asset Store, and expand upon it in ways that will speed along the development of nearly any type of game. The asset is programmed to be very simple to extend, and even more simple to customize.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  2. Terrion01

Terrion01

This looks amazing!, I have been looking for a Physics based character controller for a good while and am very excited for this.
    The sound system sounds really good with the depth of sliding objects along with the interaction system being a very nice addition.
    Cant praise enough the ability to interact with rigidbodys smoothly and getting affected by your own mass.

As for questions:
    • Will it have support for Unity 5.6?
    • How well does Controller move across terrain, Does it stick to the ground and not bump and float along it and will it be affected by steep slopes(Should not be able to climb up harsh angles for my use case)
    • How it will handle being on large moving rigidbodys such as a ship at sea.
    With that thought I assume it will be easy to extend based on the description and add behaviour such as swimming and getting variables for networking players.
    Beyond that I look forward to using this asset when it is released.:)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I would recommend future videos have better mouse turning, the little repetitive strokes grate after a short while. I am not a customer for your system, I'm just giving feedback on what caused me to close the video.

4. J0linar

J0linar

First let me say the start of the video looked nice and promising but after a while you just lost me and am not sure if the name is fitting right for this asset
    See when ppl read FPS - they expect a FirstPersonSystem and the functionality that comes with such a system.
    Therefore if FaucetPS wants to compete with the likes of UFPS and RFPS, it needs much more but if it is ment as a System that can be incorportated into other assets well then you are almost there i guess.

Anyways what would make this interesting for me would be

5. McGunn

McGunn

- It's currently only 2017.2, but I'm going to change that right away and do a 5.6 and 5.0 package as well. Thanks for that suggestion.
    - The controller moves smoothly along any type of slopes and bumps, and yes you can customize the maximum slope angle and the player will not be able to climb up.
    - So long as the Rigidbody (ship at sea) is moving with physical forces and/or Rigidbody.MovePosition/MoveRotation rather than changing the transforms directly, it should work absolutely perfectly for this use case.

Edit: Oh and it's $29.99 USD

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  6. McGunn

McGunn

Thanks for the suggestions. Despite the name being the FPS acronym, Faucet is a physics based character controller for any type of game.
    I am currently working on various parkour elements, ladders, weapons, inventory, and AI. So your suggestions are right in line with development.

7. maxaud

maxaud

Interested in seeing where this goes.

1) Is the first-person a single camera or dual camera setup?
    2) Can you change between 1st and 3rd person view easily?
    3) Uses Does it use mecanim for animations? Does the character strafe, turn, etc? Some of the video doesn't look like they do yet.
    4) What's next on the roadmap?

8. McGunn

McGunn

Hi Maxaud,
    1. It uses a dual camera setup for weapons and/or full body awareness.
    2. Yes you can change between perspectives easily. There is a prefab with switching enabled, and it is a single button press.
    3. It uses mechanim for the animations, however it does not currently use root motion. In the near future I intend on implementing root-motion capabilities (reads the deltas and applies them to the faucet controller).
    4. Currently I'm working on making things much cleaner in the inspector so you can much more easily customize your character controls. And as I mentioned before adding root-motion support. I'm also working on an improved weapons system, and improving the interaction system to use interfaces and Unity Events. Moving a little bit further into the future I intend to add an inventory system, melee combat, and full AI-integration (using Faucet to move along nav-mesh, using the weapons systems for combat, etc.)

9. CassioKF

CassioKF

Hello, good work with this asset but I'm worried about the update frequency and the lack of a system of climbing ladder, jumping obstacles and swimming.
    I'm not wanting to rush you but will be added soon?
    What about the code, is it easy to modify to implement gun and multiplayer script?
    Thank's for your time.

10. Onevisiongames

Onevisiongames

Any news on the progress of the 2.0 update?