Search Unity

FarmLand - Farmville Style 3D Casual MMO - Grid based Object placement Prototype

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by JamesPro, Jul 13, 2012.

1. JamesPro

JamesPro

I am in the process of creating a Casual MMO like Farmville. I've been working on the Grid Terrain Creation and Object placement.

FarmLand will be different from Farmville and other Facebook MMOs in that it will feature a Top down Build Mode and then a 3rd person perspective for Game Play. Harvest your Crops, Chop down trees, Battle wildlife who try to get into your crops, and go questing with friends. It will feature a Realtime Combat system and it will feature game play for you and up to 19 of your friends.

The Prototype is located at http://www.riseofheroesmmo.com/FarmLand

In build mode press a button in the left hand corner to select what object you want to place and then click on the terrain to place it.

press 1 or 2 to switch between a FPS Ground View and Build Mode.

2. Unity Games

Unity Games

Good start, I like the FPS ground view which is missing in Farmville.
    You still have very limited options of building, you need to add decorations, crops, vegetables, etc.
    Also the tree is way too big, the trees at Farmville are much nicer.

3. JamesPro

JamesPro

Thanks Unity Games... I am aware that there are very few objects to add at this time. This is just a prototype of the Grid Placement System. There isn't even any networking in it yet. This is the result of less then a single days work.

4. Miyavi

Miyavi

Hi,
    I'm also actually trying to develop something similar as a personal project, and I'm actually gathering all info I can on the subject.

Is there any tutorial I could check to make my life easier while developing it?
    Most of the problems I have is trying to decide how to design it, so any help will be appreciated.