Search Unity

"Failed to recompile android resource files" after adding Unity Ads

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by cristicristi8160, Jun 22, 2016.

1. cristicristi8160

cristicristi8160

Hello!

I've added Unity Ads using this tutorial

It showed the ads (testing turned on) in the Game View and basically everything worked well.
    But after building I got this message "Failed to recompile android resource files. See the console for details.".

So I tried to add Unity Ads using a more professional tutorial made by Unity

And I get the same error.

Before these Ads, I could build without any error.

These are the console messages:

CommandInvokationFailure: Failed to recompile android resource files. See the Console for details.
    E:\Java\bin\javac.exe -bootclasspath "C:/Users/Cristi/AppData/Local/Android/sdk\platforms\android-23\android.jar" -d "E:\Rolling\Rolling\Temp\StagingArea\bin\classes" -source 1.6 -target 1.6 -encoding UTF-8 "com\cizmar\tdba\R.java" "com\unity3d\ads\android\R.java"
    stderr[
    Error: Could not find or load main class com.sun.tools.javac.Main
    ]
    stdout[
    ]
    UnityEditor.Android.Command.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessAndroidPlayer.Exec (System.String command, System.String args, System.String workingdir, System.String[] progress_strings, Single progress_value, System.String errorMsg)
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessAndroidPlayer.CompileResources (System.String stagingArea, System.String packageName, UnityEditor.Android.AndroidLibraries androidLibraries)
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessAndroidPlayer.PostProcessInternal (System.String stagingAreaData, System.String stagingArea, System.String playerPackage, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry)
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessAndroidPlayer.PostProcess (BuildTarget target, System.String stagingAreaData, System.String stagingArea, System.String playerPackage, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

and

Error building Player: CommandInvokationFailure: Failed to recompile android resource files. See the Console for details.
    E:\Java\bin\javac.exe -bootclasspath "C:/Users/Cristi/AppData/Local/Android/sdk\platforms\android-23\android.jar" -d "E:\Rolling\Rolling\Temp\StagingArea\bin\classes" -source 1.6 -target 1.6 -encoding UTF-8 "com\cizmar\tdba\R.java" "com\unity3d\ads\android\R.java"
    stderr[
    Error: Could not find or load main class com.sun.tools.javac.Main
    ]
    stdout[
    ]

Can somebody help me?

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Haven't seen this. Can you please report a bug using the "Help->Report a Bug" menu item and write the bug id here? (not the full url) You should get the id in mail within ~10 mins after you submit the bug.

Thanks,
    Rasmus

3. cristicristi8160

cristicristi8160

Problem was a bad JAVA_HOME path value...

4. karim7

karim7

How you fix it I have same problem plz HELP ME

5. clareblue79

clareblue79

For anyone having the same issue: Make sure to download the latest JDK and go to Unity-> Preferences-> External Tools -> then for the JDK path, click browse to relocate your HOME path that of the JDK you just installed,

rasmus-unity likes this.
  6. ZzappSizzler

ZzappSizzler

Fixed it for me! Thanks clareblue79!