Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Failed to load GpuProgram from binary shader data

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by castor76, May 23, 2016.

1. castor76

castor76

I have asset bundle that is built using the version 5.4.0 18b and all the shader assets in the bundle fails to load. (Windows 10 64bit)

Errors are like :

Failed to load GpuProgram from binary shader data in 'Unlit_Additive_Vision'.

And

GpuProgram creation error: shader program type is unrecognised. You might have a precompiled shader asset from an old Unity version.

But the shaders are NOT precompiled ones but just a normal custom shader I wrote.

They worked fine for version 5.3.4p4 ...

I am wondering if this is bug for 5.4.0 18b or any other known issue that I am not aware of.

I can ofcourse select the shaders and do reimport and there are no errors.

I wanted to use 5.4 because of bug with AssetBundle.LoadAllAssetsAsync crashing unity.

Anyone?

REDNIGHT and ahmadian like this.
  2. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

Which platform were the bundles built for?

3. castor76

castor76

Just Windows.

Using Windows editor, created build for Windows, and trying to load them inside Windows Editor.

The same process worked fine for 5.3.4p4

It didn't give me bundle built for different platform error. ( Can't remember the exact error message for this case but yeah, there were none of them. ) Just spitting out like 400+ errors like this when I try to load the objects from the bundle. So the actual file reading part using www was ok. I think it is part where yield request on loaded bundle object.

tuyoshi and ahmadian like this.