Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

explicitly display when there is a change in the scene when operating scene

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by recruit_tatsuya, Jan 18, 2017.

1. recruit_tatsuya

recruit_tatsuya

Hi

I am in trouble with the conflict that occurs when I manipulate the same gameobject of the same scene.

If team member currently commits changes to project, the collaborate icon will change, but which scene was changed can not be known unless collaborate icon is pressed.
    Since every scene is OK, when a team member commits, please explicitly issue a message when the scene currently being operated by team member is changed by team member.

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi Tatsuya! Sorry that you've been having trouble. If you'd like to see which files in particular have been modified in a teammate's commit then you can open the Collab History window, either by going to the Window top menu or by opening the Collab Toolbar and clicking the View History button.
    CollabToolbar-ViewHistory.png
    Then you can expand the Asset change list to see which files were modified in their commit.

Also, we have a soft locks feature in the works that will let you see when a teammate is currently modifying a scene or prefab before they commit. Let me know if you still have any questions.

3. recruit_tatsuya

recruit_tatsuya

Thank you @ryanc-unity

understood.
    Check from Collaborate's View History button.

I am concerned with soft locks.
    Do you have detailed documentation?

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

You're very welcome, @recruit_tatsuya.

We do not currently have user-facing docs for soft locks since it's still a work in progress. However, I'd be more than happy to answer any questions that you might have about them. What specifically are you concerned about?

5. recruit_tatsuya

recruit_tatsuya

@Ryanc_unity

I'm sorry ... I am interested in soft locks but I do not understand what it is ...
    I am very happy to be able to explain easily.
    Also, if you are a general term it would be great if you let me know the web site that is explained.

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

No problem. Soft locks will let you know when other team members are working on a file in real time. This can help you to avoid conflicts by giving you a chance to revert your changes if someone else was already working on the same file.

At the moment, we will only have soft locks enabled for scenes and prefabs. But if the feature becomes popular than we may revisit it for other types of assets in the future.

recruit_tatsuya likes this.
  7. recruit_tatsuya

recruit_tatsuya

soft locks is a great feature! If I use it, even if I operate the same scene, the problem seems to be less! I am looking forward to release! Thank you for answering!

Ryan-Unity likes this.