Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Mono Upgrade Experimental build for v5.5.0?

Discussion in 'Experimental Scripting Previews' started by strich, Dec 5, 2016.

1. strich

strich

Hey guys,

Would love to get an experimental build for the newly released v5.5.0. We'd like to start using it for our new project.

A secondary request - Would be great to be able to build a Win player soon too.

2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

We're working on this now. We are synchronizing with the latest code from Mono, and we plan to have a preview build with some players available soon. While we're really happy that you would like to use this for a new project, please keep in mind that we're not ready to support these preview builds long-term yet.

Qbit86 and Laicasaane like this.
  3. strich

strich

Yeah understood - Our project is 18-24 months out.

4. Apparaten_

Apparaten_

I would also love to have a new experimental build based on 5.5, that has build support for windows desktop and possibly android.
    I am not releasing anything in the next year or so but to be able to give a build of my game to testers (so that they dont have to use the editor) would be awesome.

Keep up the good work!

5. f_l

f_l

Getting a preview that support at least windows desktop would be very useful. I'm working on a project which is heavily using Linq and the upgraded Mono runtime improve the performance by several order of magnitudes.

6. Player7

Player7

What about a preview update on the 5.6 branch aswel?

7. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@Player7

I'm not sure yet if we will release preview builds for 5.5 and 5.6. Our focus is on 5.5, as we don't want any one to be tripped up by other things that might break in 5.6. But 5.6 is certainly an option as well.

laurentlavigne likes this.