Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Example Brushes Broken In New Experimental Build 3

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

I was wondering if anyone experience the problem with making a new animation brush with the example project after updating to the new experimental build. The animated tile assests that already existed still works, but when creating a new animated tile asset is created, but the inspector shows a blank GUI.

2. Johaness_Reuben

Johaness_Reuben

I think there's a small bug on refreshing the gui for that. Try reload the project.

3. Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

I tried to refresh the UI and reload the project. Nothing new appeared in the inspector gui for the animatedtile brush, but this time I got an error for you.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEngine.Tilemaps.AnimatedTileEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Scripts/TileScripts/AnimatedTile.cs:77)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1236)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

Hope this helps some. Should I make a repo to recreate the bug.

4. Johaness_Reuben

Johaness_Reuben

Try reset the inspector - the cog icon. Then the Number of Animated Sprites should appear.
    upload_2017-3-13_10-41-46.png

5. Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

Alright misread your first message. I got it working. Thank you for the fix.