Search Unity

Everyplay Non-Functional on Samsung Galaxy S8

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by awardell_triggerglobal, Jul 20, 2017.

1. awardell_triggerglobal

awardell_triggerglobal

I'm working on a product which uses Everyplay and which I need to work on a Galaxy S8. Unfortunately Everyplay recording seems to be nonfunctional on Galaxy S8 devices (we have tested several). This is true for our app as well as several other apps from other developers. I can see that Everyplay creates a recording file, screen-0.mp4, but that file has a size of 0MB. When I attempt to play the last recording full-screen, I get a black screen which says "Unable to play video". The ADB log is not particularly helpful, but I'll still paste some logs which may or may not be related.

While attempting to record video:
    When attempting to play back recorded video:

2. Nkon

Nkon

Unity Technologies

Hello,

thanks for the message.

In our tests we've succesfully recorded using an S8 model SM-G950F. We're still investigating this however and would like to have a bit more information.

What Unity and Everyplay SDK version you're using?
    What's the model number of the S8 device that has this problem?
    Does your project use other plugins that might try to record the screen or use the cameras on the device?
    Would it be possible to create a test project that has this problem, and send it over so we could check it out?

Cheers,
    Niko

3. awardell_triggerglobal

awardell_triggerglobal

Thanks Nkon,

We have an S8 model SM-G950U1
    We have tested apps of ours built with 5.6.0p3 and 5.3.4p4
    The 5.6.0p3 app uses Everyplay version 2160-1580. I don't know where to check for the version number in the Unity project. If you can tell me that I can find what the 5.3.4p4 project was using.
    The projects both use Vuforia.
    I can and will create a test project with this problem and link to it here soon.
    Two live apps that you can see affected, if that helps, are Now You See Me 2 Mobile Magic by Lionsgate and Bad Piggies by Rovio.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  4. awardell_triggerglobal

awardell_triggerglobal

Hi Nkon,

I have DM'd you a dropbox link to the test project. I have tested that it is non-functional on an S8 and functional on an HTC.

5. Nkon

Nkon

Unity Technologies

Hi,

thanks for your time setting the project up!

In our test we successfully recorded in the test project using the SM-G950F. We also tested Vuforia with the same device and confirmed it's working. The case with Bad Piggies is, it's running an older version of our SDK that has an issue with Android N. So, our current assumption is that the different chipset in the SM-G950U1 is the cause for this problem. We'll acquire the device and run tests with it. I'll keep you updated :)

- Niko

6. awardell_triggerglobal

awardell_triggerglobal

Hello Nkon,

Were you guys able to get ahold of the SM-G950U1 and test it?

7. Nkon

Nkon

Unity Technologies

Hi there,

we're still in the process of diagnosing this with the SM-G950U1. We can't commit to a definite time frame for a fix, however.

- Niko

8. Nkon

Nkon

Unity Technologies