1. We've introduced thread tags, search within a thread and similar thread search. Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We've released our first Timeline Experimental Preview, our new tool for creating cutscenes and more! To check it out click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Unity Pro perpetual license customers: your special offer to subscribe is ready! Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Unity 5.5 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out all the fixes for 5.5 in patch releases 1 & 2.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Unity 5.6 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Get prepared for the Tizen Mobile App Incentive Program! Read more about the upcoming program here.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Enter the Microsoft Developer Challenge for a chance to win prizes. Read more about it here.
    Dismiss Notice

Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

Discussion in 'Android' started by TMK, Jan 18, 2013.

  1. TMK

    TMK

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2010
    Messages:
    83
    I solved this myself, but I wanted to make this thread just in case others experience it, as I didn't find a solution on Google for my exact problem.

    I've been implementing Prime31's Google Play In-App-Billing on a new unreleased game. The in-app-purchases used to work fine in my test build, but then I started getting the following error message when attempting to purchase an in-app-purchase:

    Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

    This was shown on the "Play Store" purchase screen. I tried to reset my phone, delete my account on my phone, clear Play Store apps cache like a lot of people suggested when I Googled this, but none of it worked.

    However, the problem was that I had just uploaded a new build to the Google Play developer console. It seems like you have to wait 1+ hour for it to get properly updated for new build versions. After waiting, it worked fine. But I could have saved a lot of time and problem solving if I had known that! :)

    This must be something that only happens on the newer Play Store versions, as I've implemented In-App-Purchases before, and uploaded a new build tested it right after, and it worked fine on those.