Search Unity

Error in Serialization Weaver when using XboxLive in UWP

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Barkley, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Barkley

Barkley

Hi,

I'm working on an XPA game and I'm trying to get the game to work with the Xbox Live SDK on Windows. I had it working on 5.3.4 and I've recently upgraded to 5.5.2f1 and built the game anew. I'm getting a weird error in the SerializationWeaver:

Code (CSharp):
    1. ystem.Exception: Exception while processing Microsoft.Xbox.Services.XboxLiveContext Microsoft.Xbox.Services.XboxLiveContext SaveSystem::context, error Version not supported: 255.255.255.255
    2. 2>     at Unity.Serialization.Weaver.MethodEmitterBase.WillUnitySerialize(FieldDefinition fieldDefinition)
    3. 2>     at Unity.Serialization.Weaver.SerializeMethodEmitterBase.ShouldProcess(FieldDefinition fieldDefinition)
    4. 2>     at System.Linq.Enumerable.<>c__DisplayClass6_0`1.<CombinePredicates>b__0(TSource x)
    5. 2>     at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
    6. 2>     at Unity.Serialization.Weaver.MethodEmitterBase.EmitMethodBody()
    7. 2>     at Unity.Serialization.Weaver.MethodEmitterBase.CreateMethodDef(String methodName)
    8. 2>     at Unity.Serialization.Weaver.SerializeMethodEmitter.SerializeMethodDefinitionFor(TypeDefinition typeDef, SerializationBridgeProvider serializationBridgeProvider)
    9. 2>     at Unity.Serialization.Weaver.SerializationWeaver.AddSerializeMethod()
    10. 2>     at Unity.Serialization.Weaver.SerializationWeaver.Weave()
    11. 2>     at usw.Weaver.WeaveAssembly(String assemblyPath, AssemblyDefinition unityEngineAssemblyDefinition, ReaderParameters readerParameters)
    12. 2>     at usw.Weaver.Weave()
    13. 2>     at usw.Program.RunProgram(ConversionOptions options)
    14. 2>     at usw.Program.Main(String[] args)
    15. 2>D:\Unity\bin\Metro\Tachyon.NET\GeneratedProjects\UWP\Assembly-CSharp\Assembly-CSharp.csproj(179,5): error MSB3073: The command ""D:\Unity\bin\Metro\Tachyon.NET\Unity\Tools\SerializationWeaver\SerializationWeaver.exe" "D:\Unity\bin\Metro\Tachyon.NET\GeneratedProjects\UWP\Assembly-CSharp\bin\x64\Debug\Unprocessed\Assembly-CSharp.dll" -pdb -verbose -unity-engine="D:\Unity\bin\Metro\Tachyon.NET\Tachyon Project\Unprocessed\UnityEngine.dll" -unity-networking="D:\Unity\bin\Metro\Tachyon.NET\Tachyon Project\Unprocessed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll" -additionalAssemblyPath="D:\Unity\bin\Metro\Tachyon.NET\GeneratedProjects\UWP\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass\bin\x64\Debug" "D:\Unity\bin\Metro\Tachyon.NET\GeneratedProjects\UWP\Assembly-CSharp\obj\x64\Debug\x64\Debug"" exited with code 1.
    I'd very much appreciate it if you could point me to what may be the problem and how to fix it.

Thanks!
    Eduardo

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Hi, this is a known issue that's been fixed internally and is being backported as we speak. It's possible to work around it by disabling the "C# projects" checkbox in the build window.

Barkley likes this.
  3. Barkley

Barkley

Thanks for the quick answer! I've checked and it works as you say. When do you think you'll have the fix for the issue published in a build? It's obviously faster to work on VS for quick iteration (particularly when trying to get the Xbox Live stuff right). Alternatively, do you know if a previous build of Unity didn't have that issue?

Thanks!
    Eduardo

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately I'm not entirely sure when this broke. I expect the fix to be available in next week's patch releases (no promises, though!).

5. Barkley

Barkley

Cool, thanks! I'll keep an eye on it :)
    Cheers,
    Eduardo

6. hebabasio

hebabasio

Do we know if this was ever fixed. I'm using the 5.6.0f3 and I'm seeing the same issue when I try to use the Xbox Live SDK even though I'm following the same steps I used before.

7. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

The fix is scheduled to be in the first patch release of 5.6, as well as the next 5.5 patch release. It's coming out this week.

hebabasio likes this.
  8. hebabasio

hebabasio

This is awesome to hear. Thanks!!

9. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies