Search Unity

Error in PBXProject.AddFrameworkToProject documentation

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by sam_ettinger_sm, Feb 10, 2017.

1. sam_ettinger_sm

sam_ettinger_sm

Hi all,

I am using the method PBXProject.AddFrameworkToProject, as described on this page: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/iOS.Xcode.PBXProject.AddFrameworkToProject.html

I have observed that the boolean 'weak' does the opposite of what's described in the documentation. When my post-process method includes the line
    Code (CSharp):
    1. proj.AddFrameworkToProject(projectTarget, "VideoToolbox.framework", false)
    ...it exports an Xcode project where videotoolbox.framework is required. If I change that line to
    Code (CSharp):
    1. proj.AddFrameworkToProject(projectTarget, "VideoToolbox.framework", true)
    ...it exports an Xcode project where videotoolbox.framework is optional. Is this a problem with the PBXProject class or with the documentation?

I am running Unity 5.5.0f3 on a Windows 7 virtual machine, and Xcode 8.2.1 on a Mac running OSX 10.11.6.

2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Have asked the iOS team to take a look and give an answer. The docs team have a link to this, too.

3. povilas

povilas

Unity Technologies

Hi, thanks for the report. It's indeed a bug in the documentation. weak (i.e. weakly linked) frameworks are optional, non-weak (i.e. strongly linked) frameworks are required.

4. sam_ettinger_sm

sam_ettinger_sm

Thanks for the replies. Any updates on this? The documentation online still lists the incorrect information.