1. Help us improve the editor usability and artist workflows. Join our discussion to provide your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for feedback on Unity Starter Kits! Let us know what you’d like.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We’re giving 2017.1 beta testers a chance to win t-shirts and a Nintendo Switch. Read more on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We want to know how you learned Unity! Help us by taking this quick survey and have a chance at a $25 gift card
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Are you an artist or level designer going to Unite Europe? Join our roundtables there to discuss artist features.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Unity 5.6 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out all the fixes for 5.6 on the patch releases page.
    Dismiss Notice

Error Icons and what to do about them

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Build' started by Livealot, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Livealot

Livealot

Throughout the beta, I've never understood what the various error icons mean or what to do about them. Explaining those icons would be a good addition to the docs or a sticky post. I've attached a screenshot from the Collab History in the Inspector to see an example.

I've been happily cruising along with Collab + UCB and churning out builds week after week. Then I hit one of these errors and I get stuck in my tracks. Clicking the icon just takes me to the UCB dashboard. Looking at the logs for the failed builds in that dashboard, I get something like

17: Downloading files from Unity Collab...
    18: An internal Unity Cloud Build error has occurred (Unexpected termination of the channel). The Unity Cloud Build team is addressing this issue, and this build can be restarted if needed.
    19: Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure
    20: ERROR: Build step failed with exception
    21: Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure
    22: Problems occurs: nullBuild step 'Execute a set of scripts' marked build as failure
    23: Finished: FAILURE

So now that my builds all fail, and I have an icon in my Collab History showing I have a failure, how do I track down what caused the failure so I can correct it?

Thanks, JJ UCBinEditor.PNG

2. SophiaC

SophiaC

Unity Technologies

Hello! Please PM me the link to your project on the Cloud Build dashboard :)

- Sophia