Search Unity

Error: GUI Window tries to begin rendering while something else has not finished rendering! Either y

Discussion in 'VR' started by alec13355, Jun 8, 2016.

1. alec13355

alec13355

I keep getting a compiling error when trying to use the pre made gui. I keep getting GUI Window tries to begin rendering while something else has not finished rendering! Either you have a recursive OnGUI rendering, or previous OnGUI did not clean up properly. and some variation of
    rc.right == m_GfxWindow->GetWidth() && rc.bottom == m_GfxWindow->GetHeight()
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI().

I am trying to use menus in my 3-D space is that not able to happen? Here is a picture in case you wanted to see. Note I've always gotten the VR warnings and that hasn't hurt any of my programs before.
    Thank you for your help!

Attached Files:

2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Hello,

This appears to be a noisy exception in the console log, sometimes it appears when you have more than one SDK active in your player settings. If it blocks you from building and launching your project can you please file a bug report.

Thank you,
    Wesley

Egora3 likes this.
  3. artysta

artysta

I just installed 5.6.0p1 and now Im receiving this when never got it before.
    I'm using iOS.

Rahul-x likes this.
  4. unity_andrewc

unity_andrewc

Unity Technologies

I tried to repro using the installers for 5.6.0p1 and couldn't get this to trigger. Could someone that's seeing this file a bug report with a repro project so I can look into this?

5. artysta

artysta

I'm a one-man company, hard to stop work and do this as my project is very large. But I will say that at boot up everything is normal, but when I go to move a GameObject on screen, the error pops up 1 in 10 times. I dismiss it and everything is fine until the next time it pops up. If I ignore the error, nothing happens and everything works. But I usually have to be moving objects to get the error.

6. Mark-Davis

Mark-Davis

I'm encountering the same error and posted some more information on this thread:

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/e...-failed-device-isinframe.465729/#post-3042001

From that thread:

So after setting Perforce logging to verbose, it seems that every time the Perforce fstat command is called, it's followed by the error mentioned above.

Together, it looks something like this:

fstat ".../Assets/.../Rock0.mat" ".../Assets/.../Rock0.mat.meta"
    User xxxxxx ticket expires in 11 hours 8 minutes.
    .../Assets/.../Rock0.mat
    .../Assets/.../Rock0.mat.meta

GUI Window tried to begin rendering while something else had not finished rendering! Either you have a recursive OnGUI rendering, or the previous OnGUI did not clean up properly.

... additional spew ...​

7. artysta

artysta

Im getting for all kinds of reasons. When I switch to one monitor focus to a 2nd monitor focus. I have my editor on 1 screen, and my game window on a 2nd (MAC) If I move an editor window, it triggers it, If I move a game object, it triggers it. But not 100% of the time, but maybe 75%.

8. andrew-rc

andrew-rc

I get this error after I've hit play in-editor, click out on another monitor, then click back back on Unity Editor. Soon as it resumes focus it throws this error.

9. BusStopStudios

BusStopStudios

Did someone log a bug on this and if so can you paste the bug link? I am getting the same result.

10. kloogens

kloogens

Same problems here. It just started after I updated an asset. In an attempt to isolate this problem, I commented all the OnGui code I could find in the respective asset. Still does it , and now throws exceptions constantly. Slows everything down so i can't run , can't test, can't do anything.

Unity 5.6 0f3.

Edit. After trying a bunch of different suggestions , nothing works. This seems completely random. I ran for 20 minutes with no problems, closed and reopened the editor and now it won't stop throwing those exceptions. I'm gonna die of a heart attack.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  11. fhamel_bhvr

fhamel_bhvr

12. fhamel_bhvr

fhamel_bhvr

Our team has been on 5.6.0p4 for a few hours now without this issue occurring. It seems like it was fixed in 5.6.0p1:
    • (895453) - Editor: Fixed GUI related Asserts when connected to an active VCS provider.

13. Zeitcatcher

Zeitcatcher

@unity_andrewc In my case it happens every time I open Asset Store as a tab on the same pane as Scene and Game. I would get that error every time I switch from "Asset Store Front Page" to "Download Manager", and sometimes when scrolling through "Download Manager" section.

Unity Pro 5.6.0p4. macOS Sierra [Metal].

14. artysta

artysta

I get between 10 and 100 of these errors all day long doing all kinds of random triggers. Most of them come from changing focus on windows/tabs. I'm on the same setup as you. I've just got to ignore them now.

15. Zeitcatcher

Zeitcatcher

@artysta, do you have Asset Store tab (activated/visible or not) somewhere in your layout?

16. artysta

artysta

Yes it's grouped with the editor/animator group as it is by default.

17. Zeitcatcher

Zeitcatcher

You could try removing that tab. It fixes the issue for me.

18. artysta

artysta

I will try that, Im in the middle of downloading 5.6.1, see what that does :)

19. artysta

artysta

So far after about 6 hours Using 5.6.1f1 and no longer keeping the Asset Store tab open (active or not) seems to have killed the errors. So I would agree it seem related to the Asset Store.
    EDIT: If I open the Asset Store window/tab The error immediatly pops up.

20. cmilr

cmilr

I'm getting the same error whenever I access either the "Services" tab or the "Asset Store" tab in the Unity editor.

I've confirmed that if I hide both of those tabs, I no longer get the error.

21. hendrixroa

hendrixroa

In the layout drop down save the layou that your preffer and save project, so restart unity and enjoy!

ariahsargent likes this.
  22. Fluffeeker

Fluffeeker

Still getting spammed by that, tried even to update to newest beta, didn't help.

EDIT: I had that for 3 days and it disappeared randomly :)

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  23. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

I'm getting these errors and I have strange editor UI rendering issues.

New Install, Blank project
    Both 64 and 32 bit
    Windows 10
    Unity 5.6.1p4

I've logged a bug.
    UIRedrawIssue01.PNG UIRedrawIssue02.PNG UIRedrawIssue03.PNG UIRedrawIssue04.PNG

24. InternetFett

InternetFett

I am seeing this every time I use the Collab dropdown.

25. unity_andrewc

unity_andrewc

Unity Technologies

@InternetFett - What version of Unity are you on?

@Antony-Blackett - Would you mind dropping a link to the issue tracker here so I can follow up on it? The issue tracker linked above is marked as fixed for 5.6.0p1, so that shouldn't be happening.

@Zeitcatcher - Same assue as above, the issue tracker linked above is marked as fixed for 5.6.0p1. Have you filed a bug? Do you have a link handy?

26. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

It seems those two things, the console output and what i'm seeing are two different issues. Someone is helping me out about the rendering issue that seems to be related to DX11 on Windows 10.

27. Odituah

Odituah

i am getting this same error on 5.6.3f1! heeellllllppppp!!!!!

28. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

29. Hafazeh

Hafazeh

what fixed this issue for me was, clearing my baked data and resetting my UI layout.

30. Ignacii

Ignacii

Got that error too on version 2017.3. Would love to see fix in the next version!

31. kylerichardson

kylerichardson

I'm getting it in 2017.3 as well, accompanied by 2 others. I can post my code for testing if requested, it's about 1100 lines for this editor though.

These errors always appear when the following sequence of actions are taken: Open window -> Close window -> Open window -> Click icon (get error).

Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: '!m_InsideContext'
    UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout:ObjectField(Object, Type, Boolean, GUILayoutOption[])
    AssetCreator:AssetModel() (at Assets/Scripts/Editors/AssetCreator.cs:240)
    AssetCreator:OnGUI() (at Assets/Scripts/Editors/AssetCreator.cs:189)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtilityProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

GUI Window tried to begin rendering while something else had not finished rendering! Either you have a recursive OnGUI rendering, or the previous OnGUI did not clean up properly.

Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: '!m_InsideContext'
    UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout:ObjectField(Object, Type, Boolean, GUILayoutOption[])
    AssetCreator:AssetModel() (at Assets/Scripts/Editors/AssetCreator.cs:240)
    AssetCreator:OnGUI() (at Assets/Scripts/Editors/AssetCreator.cs:189)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtilityProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

First time I open the window I never get it. If I close the editor window and reopen it, I will get this error when I click the icon to the right of:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Model = EditorGUILayout.ObjectField(Model, typeof(GameObject), true, GUILayout.Height(40));
    Additional clicks on the icon do not produce additional errors. If you close the window and repeat the process you will receive the error again at the end of that chain, but again, only once until you repeat whole process.

Receiving this error does not prevent the editor from doing it's job exactly as expected, but receiving an error I cannot track down is bothersome.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  32. thezetsumei

thezetsumei

Very very thanks when i closed the services tab, error is fixed

33. Paloo

Paloo

34. jpmenjares

jpmenjares

is there a resolution to this issue? i cant find any. I am using using unity 2020.1.12f1. error occurs upon opening a project. Nothing done yet just a clean project.

35. mfuad

mfuad

Unity Technologies

Hi, if you're still experiencing issues, please file a bug with reproducible project so the team can properly track and investigate. Thanks!

36. unity_JaL6pRCgCNL_cQ

unity_JaL6pRCgCNL_cQ

I am using unity version 5.6.6, and I get the error. Never got this error in older versions

37. tecmoc

tecmoc

I'm using 2021.3.1f1, when I try to add a new node in the script graph send the message "UI Window tried to begin rendering while something else had not finished rendering! Either you have a recursive OnGUI rendering, or the previous OnGUI did not clean up properly." and doesn't show the nodes to select. I can't find how to fix it, please some help.