Search Unity

Enter the Google Play Indie Games Contest in Europe - now open for submissions

Discussion in 'Android' started by Google_Play_Indie_Games_Contest, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Google_Play_Indie_Games_Contest

Google_Play_Indie_Games_Contest

Official Google Play Account

We launched the Google Play Indie Games Contest, which will reward the best indie talent from several European countries with prizes that will help you get your game noticed by industry experts and gamers worldwide. Prizes include an open showcase held at the Saatchi Gallery in London, YouTube influencer campaigns worth up to 100,000 EUR, Premium placements in Google Play Store, and much more!There are also special prizes for Made with Unity games like a 12 month Unity Pro subscription or tickets to Unite!

Even if you’re not eligible to enter the contest, if you’re in London on 16 February 2017 you can still register to attend the showcase event, check out some great games, and have fun with some industry experts, top indie developers, and gamers. Or you can sign up to our indie games developer workshop on 17 February, also in London.

Enter and learn more at: g.co/play/indiecontest #PlayIndie

ilmario and jorisshh like this.
  2. robymv

robymv

Hello! I have a question. I have read that not all European countries can take part in European contest. Why?

3. Verusoft

Verusoft

Hello, I want to join the contest. Our game studio is based in Slovakia. Unfortunately, only a limited set of European countries are eligible to enter. Why you don't allow to enter developers from other European countries? Would you consider to add more European countries?
    e.g, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Slovakia, Slovenia...

4. Google_Play_Indie_Games_Contest

Hi, thanks for reaching out.

Only a limited number of countries is eligible for this edition of the contest. Unfortunately we can’t consider your submission if the contest isn't available in your country as you wouldn't meet the eligibility criteria set out in the Terms and Conditions of the contest.

5. Google_Play_Indie_Games_Contest

Hi, the contest will not be open to additional markets in this edition, but we will consider them for future editions. Thanks!

Verusoft likes this.
  6. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Please consider Greece for next year too :)

7. SuperNoctiz

SuperNoctiz

And Portugal, we have a lot of talented indie developers here.

8. rigidbuddy

rigidbuddy

And don't forget about Russia!

9. charyyc

charyyc

How to merge two images into one by using the OpenCV in Unity?
    The two images are texture2ds. One is the background,jpg image; the other is the foreground,png image. Now I want to merge them into one. If I use “SetPixel” to make it, the frame rate will be very low. So, is there any methods by using the OpenCV to make it?

10. UnityCookie

UnityCookie

And Austria too...

11. Iggyglass

Iggyglass

And (although Verusoft said it) Estonia

12. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

And it would have been nice to have Italy as well. We're not many - since Italy is definitely not indie or gamedev friendly at all (among other things) but we're here :p

AcidArrow likes this.
  13. Hiten2012

Hiten2012

India is also waiting for this.. Come here we are ready..... :rolleyes::)

14. Sean_Mcelholm

Sean_Mcelholm

Disappointed Northern Ireland (UK Region) is excluded from this. :(

15. syedazher

syedazher

how to release a game i just want this

16. Arkade

Arkade

Hi
    Sounds great... even if I'm only finding out about this a little late! I'm UK so no problem there (sorry to others here!) and using the Google VR SDK. Four questions:

Question 1:
    In the linked article, it mentions:
    What are the expectations about release date for the final product? I'm planning around February but I'm part-time Indie and scheduled /sometimes/ slip ;-)
    ...ah, reading more of the Terms, I found ”make their Games publicly available in the Google Play Store (at least in open beta) by 16 February 2017” though it says only for certain prizes. Ok, well I'll leave this here in case (a) others are curious or (b) OP has further comments.

Question 2:
    I assume attendance is obligatory if one enters? (How can one pitch if not present?) The terms say ”finalists will be requested to attend”. ...oh, next section ”Finalists must attend the Final and showcase”... but maybe only for certain things?
    Sadly I've been called for jury duty that week! (I've always wanted to and now it's when there are exciting Indie things happening! Doh!) I guess I might be able to request rescheduling? I'll investigate.

Question 3:
    Regarding In App Purchases for the judging, are we best advised to rip it out and provide an all inclusive version? The alternative being the ”Test purchases” flow per billing-testing.

Question 4:
    Judging devices: Will we be expected to provide them on the event night? I assume not. What can we expect (both judges and on the night)? My game is VR for Google Cardboard v1 (with magnet switch or screen-press). I'd obviously planned Daydream compatibility for a future update but have no device to test that yet. Can we expect Cardboards or Daydreams to be provided?

Thanks! Rupert.

17. Sunwest3d

Sunwest3d

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    Arkade likes this.
  18. Arkade

Arkade

Yeah ditto but I'm fine with that -- look at those awesome finalists! It was great motivation to me to push myself toward beta and really focus on all that full-lifecycle polish (menus and update checkers etc) I always put off to tomorrow ;-)
    And next competition, I'll just be way more ready :-D

Sunwest3d likes this.
  19. K_Bay

K_Bay

Looks like it is too late to join :(

20. Google_Play_Indie_Games_Contest

Hi,

Thank you to everyone for your interest in last year's Google Play Indie Games Contest. We are happy to announce this year's edition, now open to developers from many more countries. Please make sure to check out g.co/play/indiecontest for more details about prizes, jury, Ts&Cs and the final event at Saatchi Gallery.

Good luck!

The Google Play team