Search Unity

"Educational" Games and Unity - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by michigan_is_awesome, Feb 17, 2017.

1. michigan_is_awesome

michigan_is_awesome

Hi all,

I'm new to Unity (only been learning for about four months), and I'm interested in its applications for game-based learning in higher ed and other areas.

Have you developed any educational games with Unity? I don't just mean games like MathBlaster, but any game you've used to instruct players or build meaningful knowledge somehow--RPGs, point-and-click adventure games, narrative-driven walking simulators, anything.

I'm curious about your experience and what you've found to be particularly successful (or cringeworthy!) when creating your games and implementing them in learning environments. If you have general opinions or theories on educational game development in Unity and game-based learning in general, I'd love to hear them as well.

Thanks, all! I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

How about High Frontier? You can read about its educational value here (see especially the STEM paper linked from there).

3. michigan_is_awesome

michigan_is_awesome

Thanks, Joe, that's taking it to the next level! Looking forward to both papers (I'll check out the TEDx Talk, too).

JoeStrout likes this.