Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Mono Upgrade Editor GUI problem.

Discussion in 'Experimental Scripting Previews' started by Seto, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Seto

Seto

Hi. Instead of reporting the actual exception with stack trace. Now all the exception for Editor GUI is reported like below. It's difficult to debug. I'm not sure whether the change is caused by .net 4.6 support.
    Any way to show the correct stack trace?

2. Seto

Seto

I confirm that it's caused by the .net 4.6 support. I change it back to 3.5. And it shows the correct stack trace.
    But some of my library require .net 4.6 support. Any way to ease the editor gui developement with .net 4.6 support?

3. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

This looks like a bug in the way that the Unity editor is process exception stack traces. Can you submit a bug report and include the project that causes this? We would love to investigate it.

4. Seto

Seto

Thank you. I just submitted a bug report for it. Because my project is private. So I create a simple enough reproducing project and attached to the bug report.

And also I attached the different stack trace between .NET 4.6 and .NET 3.5.

Here's the issue tracking number Case 905225.

5. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Thanks, we will investigate this issue.

6. Seto

Seto

Thank you. This issue make me development for editor extension difficultly. I really would like to see it fixed in the next version. Or I must split my project into two parts. One for editor and one for 4.6. And it's difficult to develop them together.

7. joncham

joncham

Unity Technologies

8. Seto

Seto

9. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@Seto

We missed the internal 2017.1b3 cut-off with this fix. It will be fixed in 2017.1b4 though.