1. Help us improve the editor usability and artist workflows. Join our discussion to provide your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for feedback on Unity Starter Kits! Let us know what you’d like.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We’re giving 2017.1 beta testers a chance to win t-shirts and a Nintendo Switch. Read more on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Unity 2017.1 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Unity 5.6 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Get further faster with the Unity Plus Accelerator Pack, free for new Unity Plus subscribers for a limited time. Click here for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out all the fixes for 5.6 on the patch releases page.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Learn how you'll soon be able to publish your games to China in four simple steps with Xiaomi. Sign up now for early access.
    Dismiss Notice

EasyRoads3D v2 is out – Road, rivers, procedural geometry for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by raoul, Mar 18, 2011.

1. raoul

raoul

Hi studentvz,

The Offset in the shaders is shader code provided by Unity.

If this is primarily device specific I would recommend to report to Unity.

Thanks,
    Raoul

2. Cleverlie

Cleverlie

hi raoul, I have a question, are you planning to enhance the edit tools to improve working with roads and crossings positions and rotations? correct me if I'm wrong, but right now I can't see any straightforward or intuitive way to:

- move/rotate an entire road network to another place
    - multiselect roads and/or crossings and move/rotate freely
    - multiselect roads or crossings and multi edit parameters like resolution, material, sidewalk width etc.

3. raoul

raoul

Hi Cleverlie,

The first two questions are indeed currently not possible. Moving the entire road network is on the list for v3.x. Rotating the road network can be added as well. The same can be done for a selection of roads and crossings.

Rotating might be tricky, what should be the rotation center point?

But all this can already be done through the scripting API if you need it urgently. Get all roads and all crossings, and update the marker positions, etc.

Regarding the last question, it is recommended to work with road types. Assign road types to crossings. As from beta 8.4 changes to road types will update scene instances of that type. Note that there is a small issue with Road Network Refresh and roads / crossings with sidewalks on only one side. The sidewalk may flip. An update with a fix for this will soon be available. Meanwhile this can be fixed by reconnecting the road.

Thanks,
    Raoul