Search Unity

E2D - free 2D terrain editor and generator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by hardwire, Aug 2, 2011.

1. xnimbus

xnimbus

Hello TehReason i downloaded your package but could not work with Physics2D can you post demo working example or readme file to work with. Sprites are falling off terrain.
    Thank you

2. Duusty

Duusty

Sorry had uploaded the wrong link, should be fixed by now

3. MrProfessorTroll

MrProfessorTroll

Dude! Amazing! Spot ON!!! Works perfectly for my 2D game!!!

4. DotDream

DotDream

Hey is there a way I can make the original mesh collider work with both inside and out? So if I spawn a collider inside the terrain it would be able to collide with the inverted collider?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  5. FamerJoe

FamerJoe

Fantastic. This works so well. Hats off to the original developer and you for adding Unity 2D support!

6. BrendanKZN

BrendanKZN

I've been following this thread since the original developer was still active on it. Keen to try out the updated version from TehReason.
    Essentialy I would also like to see "floating islands", object painting, more fill textures etc. Starting a project soon, and I'm deciding on and gathering resources like this to aid my journey.

7. FamerJoe

FamerJoe

Floating islands can be accomplished pretty easily using 2 instances of the terrain component.

8. BrendanKZN

BrendanKZN

I did think of this once, but never actually tried it. Would this be a viable option resource/performance wise? I'll look into this some more. Thanks. :)

9. FamerJoe

FamerJoe

I don't see it as being a problem resource/performance wise but I guess it depends on what you're going to do with it :) I'm working on a game right now which has a "goal" on each level, so I use one terrain component for the level, and another for the goal (so I can make a basket with it (closed curve checked)). This way, I don't have to "make the goal" for each level (I just duplicate it and add it to each level - both terrain components are children to a game object), and it enables me to rotate, scale it etc independently of the rest of the level. There's no problems or conflicts using more than one that I can see so far.

10. FamerJoe

FamerJoe

I actually use instances of the terrain editor to create endless level gameplay; it can be seen in my dev diary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORJU2fw9M4w

11. warnerbeach

warnerbeach

I've been trying to get the updated version by TehReason but the link is down. Does anybody know where else i can get hold of it?

12. xpecttrum

xpecttrum

Same issue here, I am eagor to use TehReason version. I have now the original version and after fixing some bugs it is working on unity 4.3.4

However, it only works for 3D objects. My game is 2D and I don't want to convert all the things to 3D, it would be really a lot of work.

I cannot find anywhere else warner, did you find it already?

Regards.

13. xpecttrum

xpecttrum

14. xpecttrum

xpecttrum

I tested it, and however it seams to be updated and runs right on the way, it still generates mesh coliders, which are not compatible with 2D physics.

How can I add a poligon colider to the structure with this new version? anyone?

Am I missing something?

15. Anindya-Nishant

Anindya-Nishant

Hello Hardwire,
    I had downloaded your package for terrain generation (e2d terrain generator), its a great package and very useful. I want to use it in one of my project, i would like to konw how can i generate terrain dynamically ( at run time, from script). Also is it optimized to use 1 prefab for each level if there are 50 levels ( as in hill climb).

Thanks

Regards

16. damaged panda

damaged panda

is there a way to make it wider?

17. TalhaDX

TalhaDX

I am receiving this error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    e2dTerrainEditor..ctor () (at Assets/e2d/Editor/e2dTerrainEditor.cs:78)

every time i even click the "e2dTerrain" prefab in my hierarchy.

Some one help e out.

18. PersianPrime

PersianPrime

its great. but i see this errors when start game:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    e2dTerrainEditor..ctor () (at Assets/e2d/Editor/e2dTerrainEditor.cs:107)

19. zero_null

zero_null

from where you are downloading this ? I can't download. Can you provide a working link ?