1. We've introduced thread tags, search within a thread and similar thread search. Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Learn how you'll soon be able to publish your games to China in four simple steps with Xiaomi. Sign up now for early access.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Get further faster with the Unity Plus Accelerator Pack, free for new Unity Plus subscribers for a limited time. Click here for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We've released our first Timeline Experimental Preview, our new tool for creating cutscenes and more! To check it out click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Unity 5.5 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out all the fixes for 5.5 in patch releases 1 & 2.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Unity 5.6 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice

DualTextureEffect (AltSketch Graphics Library)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by AltSoftLab, Jul 30, 2014.

1. AltSoftLab

AltSoftLab

Hi Unity community!

I'm developer of AltSoftLab Team
    http://www.AltSoftLab.com

In this post (http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/altsketch-graphics-library-c-freetype-port-gui-vector-graphics-etc.258920/) I presented our AltSketch Graphics Library.

We need some help to implement some features in Unity using the best way. The second things we need is to implement multitexturing like DualTextureEffect in XNA or something else. A I understood we need a special (maybe custom) Unity shader for this trivial and widely used thing. I couldn't find a standart Unity shader with this technics. By our politics we try to realize our Hardware backends without any special and unique technics. It's to discard any limitations for AltSketch users (like hardware restrictions, etc.). All AltSketch Hardware Render Backends and Integrations are opensourced, so user can implement brushes realisations in any way he or she need. But we must to realize this feature in universal way.

So please help me to make multitexture shader (or to find standart existed in Unity or somewhere else) with simple 2 texture blending withown Lighting and any other functions. Shader without any special restrictions. The scheme is very simple:

Texture1_RGBA * Texture2_RGBA * Vertex_RGBAColor

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014