Search Unity

Drawing Images

Discussion in '2D' started by colego328, Apr 18, 2017.

1. colego328

colego328

Hello Unity community! I was wondering how you make images in Unity. I wanted to draw a 8-bit style image for my player.

2. clorxwetwipe

clorxwetwipe

Hi! If you mean to actually DRAW an image, as in use colors and brushes to create an image, then Unity will not be the friendliest software. However, let me point you in the direction of GIMP, which is the free photo editing software I use to create my images. : https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

However, if you mean to draw an image in your game, then here is what you must do.

1) Have a .png file available. You can just download one off of Google Images if you don't have one handy.
    2) Open Unity, and open a 2D project. Then, right click on the Project Window. Click 'Import New Asset', and a dialouge should pop up, in which you can navigate to your image. Click on it, and then click Import.
    3) Now you have your image in your Project window. Drag and drop this image into the scene window, and voila! Your image is now in your game. It's probably pretty boring though, so you should check out some tutorials on how to do stuff with it. I actually have a series of 'Learning C# for Unity Game Development', which if you need to, can start you off learning how to make games. Check them out here if you would like:

If I totally missed what you meant, please post a reply and I'll be happy to help best I can :D