Search Unity

DragonBones in Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DannyB, Jun 15, 2014.

1. DannyB

DannyB

Hi,

Has anyone tried using DragonBones with Unity?
    I found this plugin and demo for Unity but the documentation is practically non-existent, and the demo - although working - does not explain how to actually work with it.

Ahmad-Mohammad599 likes this.
  2. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

DragonBones is a Animation tool for Flash. (It is pretty slick and works nicely). That Unity project is a runtime for Unity and works pretty well. But it is just a runtime library. You will still need to create and and animate in Flash, but you can take those animations created in DB/Flash and use them in Unity.

Ahmad-Mohammad599 likes this.
  3. Ahmad-Mohammad599

Ahmad-Mohammad599

Hi there,

Any one got lucky with the tool ? I've tried both of the tools you mentioned but non have worked with the latest version of unity 5.4

luislodosm likes this.
  4. DragonBonesAuthor

DragonBonesAuthor

5. overcrafted

overcrafted

Hi,
    I recently discovered it and I am using DragonBones version 5.

Great tool. I successfully implemented it in Unity too.

Just there are some bugs which give me some headaches..

First is a minor bug. To reproduce:
    1. Export dragonbones data
    2. create armature with exported dragonbones data
    3. make some changes in dragonbones(e.g add another animation)
    4. delete dragonbones data and the texture atlas in unity
    5. export the new dragonbones data to unity
    6. try to replace the armature created in step 2 with the new dragonbones data
    A "Object reference not set to an instance of object" error log will show.

Workaround is to close and reopen project. ( as i said minor bug but quite annoying after a time)

Second bug is a big one. To reproduce:
    1. create an armature with animations etc in dragonbones
    2. export it and create armature in unity
    3. now in dragonbones add a few more sprites so that the exported texture atlas needs more space ( in my case 2048x2048 raised to 2048x4096)
    4. export it and create or replace armature in unity
    After step 4 the texture atlas is not cutted in unity or is cutted at wrong place so that for example I have the head place on the leg..

This character in dragonbones

2.png

turns to this in unity

1.png

I would be happy if that could be fixed. Thanks and keep up the good work.

6. DragonBonesAuthor

DragonBonesAuthor

Hi MoonStar,

These two issues we can reproduce and we are trying to fix it recently.
    The 1st issue we will fix today. You can get the latest code in github immediately about tomorrow.
    The 2nd issue we need to refine the exported texture data format. We will fix it in DBPro 5.1 which will be published in March 8th.

Hope it can help you.
    Thanks!

7. luoyan

luoyan

感觉非常不错的一个插件,但对于flash转unity的小白来说,运用还是比较头痛。
    希望能得到如何在unity里直接使用龙骨的教程详细教学,非常感谢!

8. imhercules

imhercules

dragonbones was working fine in my unity 5.3.4f2 version
    but i faced an issue when i relocated the texture library of my animation .after relocating the library when i import the animations to unity it had a issue of draw order and sometime texture doesnt create. after restart it appears to fix the issue but when i enter the play mode it again having draw order issue

9. Professor45

Professor45

iam facing a problem when i import a sletel data to unity, a null exception error occrur when i.m trying to create armature object, an object created but nothing showing.
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    DragonBones.UnitySlot._UpdateTransform () (at Assets/DragonBones/Scripts/unity/UnitySlot.cs:937)
    DragonBones.Slot.Update (System.Int32 cacheFrameIndex) (at Assets/DragonBones/Scripts/armature/Slot.cs:849)
    DragonBones.Armature.AdvanceTime (System.Single passedTime) (at Assets/DragonBones/Scripts/armature/Armature.cs:349)
    DragonBones.BaseFactory.BuildArmature (System.String armatureName, System.String dragonBonesName, System.String skinName, System.String textureAtlasName) (at Assets/DragonBones/Scripts/factory/BaseFactory.cs:816)
    DragonBones.UnityFactory.BuildArmatureComponent (System.String armatureName, System.String dragonBonesName, System.String skinName, System.String textureAtlasName, UnityEngine.GameObject gameObject, System.Boolean isUGUI) (at Assets/DragonBones/Scripts/unity/UnityFactory.cs:333)
    DragonBones.UnityEditor.ChangeArmatureData (DragonBones.UnityArmatureComponent _armatureComponent, System.String armatureName, System.String dragonBonesName) (at Assets/DragonBones/Editor/UnityEditor.cs:240)
    DragonBones.UnityEditor.ChangeDragonBonesData (DragonBones.UnityArmatureComponent _armatureComponent, UnityEngine.TextAsset dragonBoneJSON) (at Assets/DragonBones/Editor/UnityEditor.cs:187)
    DragonBones.UnityEditor._CreateArmatureObjectFromSkeMenuItem () (at Assets/DragonBones/Editor/UnityEditor.cs:55)

10. I3lacKing

I3lacKing

I have a same problem. What u do with that?