Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

DragAndDrop StartDrag consistently failing on Mac

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by junglemason, Jul 18, 2017.

1. junglemason

junglemason

This has halted my work. :( Everything was working fine on Windows, and now that I've switched to Mac, my editor extension won't work at all because of this error:
    System info:
    • Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5
    • Unity 5.6.2f1
    Things I have tried based on other threads:
    • turn the computer off and on again (workaround recommended by Unity)
    • turn off all Chrome extensions
    • force-quit the pboard process
    • delete the Library folder and reimport everything
    None of that has worked. The error happens every time I try to use my custom DragAndDrop code in a custom EditorWindow.

What else can I try?

2. orb

orb

Reproduce it with bare essentials in an empty project? Maybe somebody else on the same version can try it if you also post it or the scripts.

3. junglemason

junglemason

I managed to get it to repro with a minimal script. It's less consistent, but definitely still happening for me very often. Scripts attached.

Attached Files:

4. junglemason

junglemason

In case this helps, I also consistently get this error upon closing Unity (these things seem to be related).

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 2.42.25 PM.png

5. orb

orb

I tried it in Unity 2017.1.0f3. When I just do a drag from within the custom window the "dragging a string object" text shows up, following the mouse, but also that error log message on the first drag. After that the message doesn't repeat. Quitting Unity doesn't show any fatal errors.

6. junglemason

junglemason

I just tried in Unity 2017.2 beta. The dragging works now, but I still get a bunch of console spam with that error. So, better, but still not good. Unity 2017.2b crashed upon exiting from my actual project, but not from a fresh project with these scripts imported, so, maybe unrelated. At least this time there was a Unity bug submit window, whereas 5.6.2f1 didn't show it on crashing.

7. orb

orb

Yeah, you get spam and I get only one line. Definitely something bigger going on there. File that report and hope they can at least clarify if it's a Unity bug!