Search Unity

Dollly Track Loop blend

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Christopher-Kaminski, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Christopher-Kaminski

Christopher-Kaminski

Hello,

I'm having a problem with dolly track, specifically blend between end and starting point.
    I've created a looped dolly track and set wrap mode to loop, when loop ends, camera seems to "slide" back to starting point instead of blending, video shows camera jump.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Chris

2. JakubSmaga

JakubSmaga

Is it happening in the play mode as well? (If yes then could you record it?)

3. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Are you animating the path position in timeline? If so then you should check the values you give it. 0 is the first waypoint, 1 is the second, 2 is the third, and so on. If you have, say, 5 waypoints and it wraps around, then 5 will be the same point on the path as 0. Internally, the path will normalize the value, so you can keep going up with the values: 5 is the same as 0, 6 is the same as 1, etc. Same goes for negative path positions.

4. Christopher-Kaminski

Christopher-Kaminski

@JacobSmaga Yes it's happening in game mode as well, here is the video showcasing issue from game mode's perspective:

@Gregoryl Yes I do use timeline to animate the position. Overall dolly track has 18 points, and last clip on timeline is set between 16 and 19 (as you said in your post, points wrap around so 19th point should be the beggining of dolly)
    Basicaly I use dolly with several CM's virtual cams to showcase a project I'm working on, each cam has different settings and focus point (a "Look At" property at CM Virtual Camera script), I have no trouble with camera blending alongside the path, but when it's about to loop I'm expiriencing that odd "jump". I'm attaching the screenshot of my timeline, maybe I've set something incorrectly.

CM Timeline.jpg

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  5. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Just for fun, can you turn off all damping on your vcam and see if it still happens?

SebastianBurda likes this.
  6. Christopher-Kaminski

Christopher-Kaminski

After disabling the damping the jump no longer occurs, thank you very much for the help :)

7. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Looks like we have a bug! Thanks for posting :)

Deleted User likes this.