Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Destruction 2D -

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by MKFusion, Jan 22, 2017.

1. MKFusion

MKFusion

Hello,

inspired by a game I was playing a loooong time ago let's say about 20 years ago, I'm trying to make a similar game.

Everything is happening in a labyrinth with 2 characters. back then it was 2 player mode, here I preffer one player and one computer player. Player has to kill other player 2 - 3 times to win. As a player you have available secondary weapons(handguns, mini assault rifle....), primary weapons(rifles, bazooka...) and special weapons(you call an air strike or deploy a tank etc.). You also have as a default in your stock, few mines and dynamites.

Each player starts in his own bunker and to move through labyrinth you have to destroy walls, with gun or with dynamite, to find other player(or he finds you).
    That's roughly description of the game, there are some other stuff in it, like invisible mines, different types of ammo and tanks, buying stuff and weapons... but more of that in future.

Few screenshots are attached.

Screenshot from 2017-01-22 21-32-20.png Screenshot from 2017-01-22 21-32-47.png Screenshot from 2017-01-22 21-33-10.png Screenshot from 2017-01-22 21-35-20.png Screenshot from 2017-01-22 21-37-29.png

For now I'm calling it Destruction 2D.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  2. MoonJellyGames

MoonJellyGames

Sounds interesting. I've become very fond of local competitive games like this, so I'll keep an eye on this thread.

This would also be cool as an online game where you can't see the other player unless they're in your line of sight.

Is it possible to disarm the enemy's invisible mines (if you know they planted one)? I was thinking there could be rocks or some other kind of junk that you could pick up and throw. Of course, you wouldn't want players just doing this constantly, so maybe those items would break after you throw them or something.

3. MKFusion

MKFusion

It would be cool as online game indeed, maybe after it's "sort of finished" :)

Disarming enemy's mines, hmm could be implemented :)
    Original game, similar to this, was more or less WW2 oriented in weapons and there were also invisible mines, that were generated on start, quite a lot of them actually, but maybe this could change here, of course more different options you get, more interesting game becomes(my opinion).

I will post a video of current progress later, but so far there is implemented map generation, movement, basic AI character, which slowly tends towards player, shoting with secondary weapon(gun), ammo, health, lives, destructable walls etc.

MoonJellyGames likes this.
  4. MKFusion

MKFusion

Doing this game slowly, not much free time ;), I forgot to make UI responsive.(first time making UI with this Unity UI system).

I'll post a short video as soon as I fix UI.

Since last post:
    - 3 munition types available and working
    - secondary weapon selection works

5. MKFusion

MKFusion

Very short example of game in video bellow.
    In the example shoting a wall breaks it with one bullet, in reality there will be 10 shots needed(depends on ammo and weapon).