Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

UI Destroy or SetActive(false) of Worldspace Canvas with UI Children Crashes Editor

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by Jmangles, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Jmangles

Jmangles

Hey I'm trying to see if this bug is reproducible for systems other than my own, currently I can crash a brand new empty project in 5.4.0f2 by putting a Canvas down, setting it to Worldspace, giving it an Image as a child, and then either using Destroy or SetActive(false) on the Canvas during play mode in the Editor.

The Destroy/SetActive have to be called after Awake/Start or else they'll work as intended. Setting it up so it gets destroyed or deactivated on a keypress is a good way to test.

It does not crash standalone builds and it was not an issue in 5.3.5.

makeshiftwings likes this.
  2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I recommend to submit a bug-report with a minimal project to reproduce the issue. I believe most useful would be a project that is already set-up, so Unity QA only needs to press "Play" to crash the editor.

3. phil-Unity

phil-Unity

Unity UI Lead Developer

Yes please file a bug i believe i've tested with many projects that do exactly that and they work

4. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

Aaaaaaargh I wish I had seen this yesterday it would have saved me the 8 hours of figuring out how to repro it myself. :p

5. phil-Unity

phil-Unity

Unity UI Lead Developer

Hey, we are investigating this issue key a eye on your bug for a resolution.