Search Unity

Deployment problem on Tizen Z1 and Z3 devices using Unity 5.5.0f3 and Tizen Studio

Discussion in 'Tizen' started by bbartel84, Jan 4, 2017.

1. bbartel84

bbartel84

Hello,

I am trying to deploy a test Unity3D project using Unity 5.5.0f3 and the newest Tizen Studio 1.0.2 on Z1 and Z3 phones.

I am on a Windows 7 machine.

What I have done so far:

1. I have working Samsung certificates (author and distributor) in Tizen Studio together with a profile in Tizen Studio

2. I have a native app project in Tizen Studio.

3. I have permitted to install applications in Tizen Studio on my target devices, so they have certificates on them

4. I have done everything with a success from https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/tizen-setup.html (just changed the tizen-sdk parts to tizen-studio where needed). The command prompt said configuration changed succesfully.

5. Yes, developer mode and debugging are turned on on my both Z1 and Z3 devices.

6. In Unity I have provided the Signing Profile Name as the one I have created in Tizen Studio with the certificates and I made it active.

NOW! When I want to build and run my test unity3d application on my Z1 or Z3 device all processes go ok except one. The exact log is in the attachment below. It says target not found.

console.png

Can anyone provide a working solution for that?

I just want to say that I had few months ago Unity 5.3.2 and Tizen SDK 2.4 working together with no problems while deploying to Tizen devices...

Best regards and I hope some good soul can solve this problem. If you need more information please do not hasitate to ask me. I will reply ASAP!

2. bbartel84

bbartel84

While checking the problem myself I noticed that I can build the .tpk package with unity3d and then use sdb install <mypackagename.tpk> and the tpk is installed on the device. But then... When I tap the application icon it does not run...

It seems that the -s parameter in the third line in the console picture posted above is making the installation problem.

sdb.exe -s install C:/Users..... without using the -s parameter I am able to install the .tpk on the devices but still... they don't run after tapping the icon....

So the .tpk can be installed manually but... Does anyone know what can be done to make those unity apps working on an actual Z1 or Z3 device using the newest unity 5.5.0f3 together with Tizen Studio 1.0.2?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  3. bbartel84

bbartel84

I also checked it with the latest Unity patch:

Patch 5.5.0p3
    Released: 22 December 2016

Still the app does not work...

4. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Under Player Settings you may need to select a device to deploy to. There is a button to discover attached devices or running emulators.

bbartel84 likes this.
  5. srirambngl

srirambngl

Me too facing the same issue. First of all build and run is not working in this version (5.5.0f1) giving an error as below:

C:/tizen-studio\tools\sdb.exe -s 0000d89300006200 install "E:\UnityAdSample\Temp\StagingArea\build\com.samsung.unityadsample-1.0.0-arm.tpk"
    WARNING: Your data is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could be read by others.
    error: failed to get status of 'E:\UnityAdSample\Temp\StagingArea\build\com.samsung.unityadsample-1.0.0-arm.tpk': No such file or directory

And when i build the tpk using Build option it is generated under Device folder of the project instead of the location which you chose (Masterfalcon confirmed in other thread that it might be a bug).

The generated tpk i am trying to install using sdb -d install command, and it got installed successfully on the device.
    But when i try to run the app its crashing :-(.

I have my old tpk's generated on 5.2.2, which are working fine on the same device. Are there any compatability issues with Z1 and 5.5.0?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  6. bbartel84

bbartel84

Masterfalcon I checked the DISCOVER option as you said and yes now the .tpk can be installed on the device directly from Unity3D. Thank you very much!

But still, when I have the icon on the Z3 or Z1 homescreen and I tap it then nothing happens (the app runs in the background as you can see in the running applications in the attachment to my post). And you can see there is no proper Unity3D view. It only shows a white screen like in the Tizen Studio / Tizen SDK Native blank project. Something is definetly wrong.

Screen_20170105_094110[1].png

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  7. srirambngl

srirambngl

Oh Good to hear that the deployment problem is fixed in 5.5.0p3 version. But hope the application launching issue will also be looked into.

bbartel84 likes this.
  8. bbartel84

bbartel84

Masterfalcon should we report a bug on the issue tracker or will the guys at Unity3D take it from here?

9. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Actually, I'm one of the guys at Unity3D. I'm checking it on my side. I have a number of fixes that should be getting into 5.5 soon for Tizen and I'll also check if this is fixed with them and report back here.

10. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the white screen that you see. Perhaps you should file a bug with a test project and device log so I can dig into the issue further.

11. bbartel84

bbartel84

I gave it a try on another computer with Windows 7. The patched version of Unity 5.5.0p3 and Tizen Studio 1.0.2. The result is even worse because the .tpk does not build. When Unity3D asked for the tizen-sdk folder I chose the tizen-studio folder. After that when I try to build the package I get a ---> Profiles path in Tizen CLI configuration does not exist .

While earlier I have assigned that profile path in cmd with:

C:\tizen-studio\tools\ide\bin\tizen.bat cli-config "default.profiles.path=C:\workspace\app24\.metadata\.plugins\org.tizen.common.sign\profiles.xml"

And I also got the return message in cmd ---> Setting the configuration succeeded....

Both certificates, a default profile, everything is there and working. The base Native 2.4 Tizen app (app24) is easily being built and published and run on the phone (Tizen Z3) from Tizen Studio 1.0.2 .

When can we expect another patch to Unity fixing publishing for Tizen?

Best regards!

12. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Try also running this command:

C:\tizen-studio\tools\ide\bin\tizen.bat cli-config -g "default.profiles.path=C:\workspace\app24\.metadata\.plugins\org.tizen.common.sign\profiles.xml"

13. bbartel84

bbartel84

Thx Masterfalcon :) That worked but still the same issue with the white screen and the app running only in the background. Like on the image I attached in the earlier post :(.

14. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Would you be able to post an example project so I can try to reproduce the issue?

15. bbartel84

bbartel84

16. bbartel84

bbartel84

Hey Masterfalcon did you check out the sample test project I've shared here? Do you have also a white screen like I posted earlier or did you launch the app without problems?

Best regards!

17. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately I can't reproduce the problem with the project that you provided. Is there anything interesting in the device log when you run it?

18. bbartel84

bbartel84

Yes, I see problems with OpenGL. Here is the log. And some stuff with pid.

19. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Very strange. The log doesn't show many of those errors for me. Is the firmware up to date on the device?

20. bbartel84

bbartel84

Yes it has Tizen 2.4.0.0 . What version of Tizen your Z3 has?

21. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Mine has 2.4.0.4 (Z300HDDU0BPI2). Perhaps check for updates, there should be a couple.

bbartel84 likes this.
  22. bbartel84

bbartel84

Thanks, I am trying to do that. Unfortunately I am gettin a "DM initialise is not ready" toast like info. I think I need to reset the RAM, turn off the phone, restart it and try again...

23. theiqbal7

theiqbal7

Same issue :(
    WARNING: Your data is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could be read by others.
    error: failed to get status of 'C:\Users\unite\Documents\5xPROJECTS\XXX\Temp\StagingArea\build\com.Comhgfdcpany.ProductName-1.0.0-arm.tpk': No such file or directory

Unity version: 5.5.0xp1
    Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
    I am trying to install on Tizen Z1 device

24. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

That problem is fixed in the latest patch release which is 5.5.0p4 I believe.