Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Delete Project from Collab

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by alimoeeny, Aug 11, 2016.

1. alimoeeny

alimoeeny

Hi there,
    As we all know Collab is still in early days and has problems, that's ok.
    But is there a way to remove a project form collab and add it back?
    Basically it fails to push or pull the changes with the red error message and I just want it to forget about the changes and just let us start fresh.
    I already have my project under source control so I am not worried about losing changes and I only use collab with our artists.
    Just let me delete the project and add it back.

Ali

holliebuckets likes this.
  2. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

@alimoeeny
    Hello! Currently there is not a way to remove your project from Collaborate. You can "Archive" the project and re-upload it, but the old project will still exist as Archived.This will remove the project from active storage.
    To do so,
    -Navigate to https://developer.cloud.unity3d.com/projects
    -Select the project you wish to Archive.
    -Select the Settings tab.
    -Select the Archive my project for ALL Unity Services and follow the instructions.

upload_2016-8-11_11-26-39.png

If the current state of the project on your local machine is the one you want to exist on the Server, there is an easier workaround.
    -Exit Unity completely
    -Navigate to YourUnityProject/Library/Collab
    -In Collab, there will be a file titled CollabSnapshot_xxx_XXX...txt, delete that file.
    -Relaunch Unity and open the project. The Collab Toolbar should show you have changes to push.
    -Push those changes and continue working :)

If you want me to look into what exactly is causing your issues, could you please submit a Bug Report and ping me back the case #?

I'm also going to move your thread over to the Collaborate section of the forums :)

ywowuxo, URPian, twobob and 3 others like this.
  3. alimoeeny

alimoeeny

Thanks @holliebuckets
    You solved my problem, actually just deleting the .txt file from Library/Collab was not enough,
    I ended up, archiving the project, adding it back and cleaning everything inside the Collab directory to make it work,
    but since I have everything under git already it was not a problem for me.
    Thanks again,
    I wish there was more descriptive errors, or we had access to logs or something to help debug.

4. alimoeeny

alimoeeny

btw that .txt file is actually a json file, why not call it .json :)

5. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

@alimoeeny
    Well I am glad you are sorted now :)
    The error messages are currently a hot topic and a work in progress to get you the dev, more information on what is going on and how to help. Stay tuned for an update on that one.

The file extension, lol, I have no idea. haha

twobob and rturyatemba like this.
  6. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

What do i do, if this doesn't work ?
    It takes error message

7. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Held0fTheWelt! If you're still experiencing issues then please get in touch with our Support team here.

8. natmaxex

natmaxex

I have a lot of projects some are names "nothing", "test", "sdf786" or ********, I have a lot of projects. upwards into the 100's where I'm either testing or something breaks and I half to start over. you work at unity take a look, there's a lot of dumb stuff taking up space and making it hard for me to find stuff I'm working on.

twobob and afshin_a_1 like this.
  9. Kiefie

Kiefie

Do these archived projects count towards cloud storage limits?

10. twobob

twobob

I stayed tuned.

Is there a way to simply - OFFLINE - nerf collab from a project.

So the next time you open it it doesn't try to sync. ever

11. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hello everyone!

Archived projects do not count towards your storage usage for the service and do not appear on the Hub or any list either.

As an option, you can archive a project for only Collaborate service following the steps below:
    1. Navigate to the Dashboard
    2. Click Explore under Collaborate tab
    3. Choose the project in question
    4. From the left navigation bar select Storage
    5. Click Unarchive
    If you're still looking for an opportunity to permanently delete your project(s), please submit a support ticket and we can figure out the way to do so.

I hope this is helpful :) let me know if there're further questions about this!

twobob likes this.
  12. twobob

twobob

This doesn't answer the question. but thanks so much for answering.

Imagine you have a project. the local project is enrolled in collab. If you DELTETE COLLAB from the services tab in that project. the next time you run the project collab STILL SCANS the project on opening.

How do you STOP that happening. please.

Hope that is a lot clearer. This is not about the collab service web site or anything to do with the service itself.

It must be a resident service? that has the setting in.

13. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying the issue!

I suspect that we'd need to investigate this a bit further because Collaborate shouldn't behave like that when it's disabled.

Could you please let me know what versions of Unity, Collaborate and Unity Hub you're using?

twobob likes this.
  14. twobob

twobob

Yes certainly.

Its collab 1.5.7 and the hub is 2.4.4 it's windows 10 and To be PERFECTLY 100% clear.

This is when you DONT delete the project from the service. and DO delete collab from the editor.
    At that point. Collab(or w/e the service blob is that does that, that you reference at startup from
    the registry) should NOT scan the project at startup (RIGHT?). and it does.

thanks

15. twobob

twobob

Here. I made a copy of a project. REMOVED collab from it. and opened it

upload_2021-7-23_18-35-46.png

It's pretty obvious that the service is looking at some project ID and saying "oooh that matches. let's scan" even though collab is not even in the project. Just because somewhere there is a copy of the project that DOES have collab activated.

Obviously that is; totally undesirable; does actually nothing other than maybe break some other project silently until you open it and then fixes it laboriously; Finally is contrary to any users expectations.

Many thanks. You can see why we want it. it would make the fact that you scan at startup actually MEAN SOMETHING, cos we could inject changes from an external copy and and see if that works. Also if the editor crashes it doesnt take 20 minutes to open the other editor every time. Currently doing thread work we get 10+ crashes a day. This is agony :) Thanks

EDIT: and so then I deleted some files in the other project. the UNCOLLAB one. and then restarted it. and then in the other project the COLLAB one. I see these changes noted.
    upload_2021-7-23_20-11-9.png
    Those files are not deleted in this project. as you can see on the right. and are errantly about to be reported as deleted.

Solving the "It just shouldn't trigger" problem would make all this other "bugs" noise "go away"

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    Kaen_SG likes this.
  16. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Thanks for the details and more information.

I'm afraid to investigate this; I'd need the UPID of the project to see what's going on on the backend. Would you mind messaging me the UPID or submitting the support ticket so that I could take it and look into this?

twobob likes this.
  17. twobob

twobob

The project owner has scrapped using collab from the project entirely as of this morning. (It's cancelled)
    I am exceededingly happy to forward the UPIDs if you still wanted them just feel like you should know you wouldnt be fixing this for "this project" if that matter. at all