Search Unity

Daydream Technical Preview GVR13 is now available

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by joejo, Dec 8, 2016.

1. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

Installers

Windows:http://beta.unity3d.com/download/4fafc0726c6d/UnityDaydreamDownloadAssistant-5.4.2f2-GVR13.exe
    macOS:http://beta.unity3d.com/download/4fafc0726c6d/UnityDaydreamDownloadAssistant-5.4.2f2-GVR13.dmg

Release Notes
    • Google VR Android NDK v1.10
    • Fixed an issue where Cardboard and Daydream where sharing depth buffer settings. Now they should each have their own settings.
    • READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission is no longer set in Daydream. It is still set if you have Cardboard as a selected device though.
    • Add new setting to provide ability to override transition view in Cardboard.
    • Fix missing OpenVR libraries in GVR12 build.

2. creat327

creat327

any idea when this will be updated to unity 5.5 or 5.6 ? we can't roll back the project version

3. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

5.6 beta2 is already out right now though it still has some rough edges in regards to the Daydream integration. I would recommend waiting for b3 to release and then things should be better to move up to that.

4. raddevil

raddevil

Hi Joe, Since b3 is out now, do you feel it is ready for Daydream?

5. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

For the most part. There are still a few outlying issues but I think you are safe to play with it (though you should really back up any projects you plan upgrading).

6. Claytonious

Claytonious

7. OldManWoofa

OldManWoofa

Hello everyone. I have been developing with daydream on B5 for a few days now, a personal project just to see what I can and cannot do with it. One feature I would really love to see integrated before 5.6 official release is the ability to use the touchpad on the daydream control as a joystick. Any chance of that @joejo ?

8. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately not. You'll have to depend on the Google Unity SDK for controller input support.

9. glitchers

glitchers

Is there any update on 5.6 support for Daydream? I cannot find any mention of anything except this thread. The Daydream page (https://unity3d.com/partners/google/daydream) mentions only 5.4.

10. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

That release page has been left for archival purposes or in case anyone still needs 5.4 for some reason. 5.6 and later has released with Daydream support in box. Any up to date Unity installation from 5.6.0 onward will have native Daydream support.

glitchers likes this.