Search Unity

Daydream Icons Error

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by matt_wade, Dec 22, 2016.

1. matt_wade

matt_wade

Hello.

I'm trying to upload our first daydream compatible app to the play store via the developer console. When I upload the apk I get the following error:

Update failed: Update your APK to include a valid Daydream icon background.

I've added flat color images to test into the foreground and background images slot in the Daydream SDK drop down in the player settings. Am I missing something?

Many thanks!

2. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

If you install the application to your device and run the Daydream launcher, do you see your application with your icons as the app images?

3. matt_wade

matt_wade

Hey joejo. Thanks for the reply. I don't have my pixel to hand at the mo but as soon as I do I'll check it out.

4. matt_wade

matt_wade

Just did a test with installing it on the phone and the images work fine in the Daydream launcher.

5. matt_wade

matt_wade

I'm still getting this issue even with a new project. Any thoughts?

6. JordanMajd

JordanMajd

I'm experiencing the same issue.

After looking into it further I found the following documentation. I am working through it now and will let you know if it works.

7. JordanMajd

JordanMajd

Alright, so I got it working.

The Daydream App Quality Requirements - Publishing out lines the requirements for adding a valid Daydream icon background. It states you need a 512x512px png for the foreground and background icons.

You can set these in Unity by opening up the Player Settings > Other Settings > Virtual Reality SDKs and clicking the dropdown arrow on Daydream. There will be options there to set the foreground and background icons.

Hope this helps, Jordan

8. cvasquez-coiron

cvasquez-coiron

We are using Unity 5.6.0b9, added 512x512.png icon to Virtual Reality SDKs->Daydream->Foreground and Background, but we still get a Unity icon in Daydream launcher.... Which Unity version are you using? It looks like there is a new one with some Daydream fixes (Unity 5.6.0b11), will give it a shot...

9. cvasquez-coiron

cvasquez-coiron

Worked for us in Unity 5.6.0b11, with the following settings:

- Icon image texture: type Default (not sprite), sRGB disabled, Alpha is Transparency disabled for background texture and enabled for foreground texture, max size 512, compression: high quality

- Player > Virtual Reality SDKs -> Daydream -> Depth format 16 bit.

PNG files created based on Google VR stencil-examples in Photoshop:
    https://developers.google.com/vr/downloads/stencil-examples.zip

Note: You may need to restart Google VR service or your pixel phone to refresh Daydream launcher icons if it was previously running in background.