Search Unity

Daydream Elements Level Select Menu

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by djTomServo2, Jun 28, 2017.

1. djTomServo2

djTomServo2

Greetings all!

I've been playing with Daydream Elements and I was curious about the Level Select menu in the Main scene. Is this meant to be a drop-in menu element similar to the click and swipe menus, or is it a re-skinned version of one of the existing menus? I notice there's a separate asset creation menu entry for it, so I'm assuming the former, if that's the case, is there any documentation on setting up a Level Select menu available? Thanks!

2. dsternfeld

dsternfeld

Official Google Employee

Hello!

It wasn't written to be as easy to drop in and re-use as the Elements, however you are absolutely welcome to adopt it for your own purposes in your project. To use it, you can do the following:

1. Duplicate the folder DaydreamElements/Main/Data/LevelSelect and update the hierarchy asset and button assets with the content for your own levels.
    2. Drop the prefab LevelSelectController into your entry scene.
    3. Underneath LevelSelectController->MenuRoot->DmmContainer->LevelSelectMenu, find the LevelSelectPageProvider script and replace the 'Menu Hierarchy' with your own data.

What features of the Level Select Menu are you most interested in using in your own project?

I hope that helps!

-Dan

3. djTomServo2

djTomServo2

Hi Dan, thanks for the info!

We were able to get it functional pretty quickly, at least well enough for demo purposes :) As far as what features we're interested in, overall there are a lot of cool things it does, the fade-out/fade-in+async level loading in particular is pretty neat and just the flexibility of adding and removing elements. Basically, it's a pretty useful and well-built system, we figured we might as well use it!

4. saikiranunity1

saikiranunity1

I'm not able to add menu items to Tree menu in Click menu daydream elements.
    I'm only able to add menu items as a child and I'm not able to add them as siblings.....
    Is it a bug or i am doing it in wrong way?
    A quick reply will really help me............!!!!