Search Unity

Daydream controller emulator not working with Mac OS

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by Marchelune, May 22, 2017.

1. Marchelune

Marchelune

Hi there !

I would like to debug my daydream app in the editor on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4, thus I have to use an android phone as the controller emulator. The problem is, when I launch the demo scene from Google in the editor, the MessageCanvas says "controller disconnected".
    Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 13.56.43.png
    Here is the context :
    • I am on Unity 5.6.1f1, with SDK/JDK path configured
    • I have the android tool folder added to my PATH variable (i.e. adb devices is returning the connected phone id in the terminal)
    • Virtual Reality enabled in the player pref, with only "Daydream" in the VR SDK list.
    • Google VR SDK 1.4 imported
    • The smartphone is a Pixel in "file transfer" mode with debug mode enabled. I tried also a different phone and cable. Note that this is the newest Macbook so those are only USB-C ports.
    • Tried with regular Unity launch and launching from terminal with open -aunity and /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/MacOS/Unity
    • I tried the workaround in this thread. Nothing happens
    Has anyone faced the situation ? Is there something I'm missing ? I tried on windows and it worked like a charm, but I can't get it to work on Mac.

EDIT :
    I've got this error message tho :
    "No controller support when running headless."

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  2. Marchelune

Marchelune

Found the issue : my company got me a brand new Macbook Pro 2016, and for some reason, SystemInfo.graphicsDeviceID returns 0, which prevent the ControllerProviderFactory in the Gvr SDK from returning a proper EmulatorControllerProvider.

I am not sure who should fix this graphicsDeviceID issue tho.

Conclusion : new Macbook Pros are time consuming.

Remi_Sormain likes this.