Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Daga Studio's Racing Circuits - (Mobile&PC)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Arkhham, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Arkhham

Arkhham

Hello everyone,

In this Race circuits series, i will be making 5 race track environments based on real world circuits. Each race track will have its own unique garage, pit crew team, race car. These garage's can be used in every other track (For example, Track02 garage can be used in Track01 track). Except the base track, all the models (Grandstands, cars, props, architecture...) will be available in modular. Each track will have its own price considering the amount of work that goes into making them.
    Any suggestions are welcome

- Bhasker Dee.

Daga Studio's Racing Circuits - Track01:

Track01
    is Online - http://u3d.as/Hjj.

HighEnd Version

This video represents only PC Version 1.0 of the track, which is outdated! A lot has been changed in Version 1.1, I'll record (1,1) game-play when I've time.

1.jpg
    2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  2. Arkhham

Arkhham

Reserved space for Track02

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  3. Arkhham

Arkhham

Reserved space for Track03

4. Arkhham

Arkhham

Reserved space for Track04

5. Arkhham

Arkhham

Reserved space for Track05

6. Arkhham

Arkhham

TRACK01 UPDATE
    While the main priority of this asset is environment, I'll be adding characters so that the environment looks alive! and since it takes lots of effort and time in making high quality characters(Modelling, retopology, texturing, rigging). So for now, I've added few beta pit crew models, which eventually be replaced with quality character models.
    screen_3840x2160_2017-01-13_20-05-11.png

New Driver for Track01 (Work in progress)
    000000.jpg

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  7. ZJP

ZJP

Arkhham likes this.
  8. Arkhham

Arkhham

Thanks! :)

9. antoripa

antoripa

Hi,
    it's excellent. I would like to know more about your plan on this asset. Even few question :
    1) Is it a single mesh track or I get components to use as props or create new track with same style ?
    2) Is the car included ? It can be usefull for prototype .
    Cheers,

10. Arkhham

Arkhham

Hello antoripa,

1) Yes, it is single meshed track (based on Barcelona-Catalunya track).

Here's the track object.
    screen_3840x2160_2017-02-04_15-35-34.png

But the objects within the track are separated and everything is well optimized.
    Capture.JPG

On the other hand, Props, parked cars and trees are not single meshed assets.
    Please note that, As the project grows i'll be adding more props.
    screen_3840x2160_2017-02-04_15-48-54.png
    screen_3840x2160_2017-02-04_15-53-43.png
    screen_3840x2160_2017-02-04_15-55-16.png
    Please not that, i will be replacing the trees in near future update, I'll be making new realistic trees with more dense mesh and that could have wind effects.

2) Yes, The car, driver are included, it is rigged and game ready.
    However, please not that, Unity doesn't allow Image effects and UnityCar script to be added to the project. So, when you download the project, Please read the readme file, it has the instructions on how to get the rigged car within few clicks.
    The car can be used more then prototype, i might make car skins too, but that's not a priority for now.

Hope i answered all your questions?

Bhasker Dee.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  11. Arkhham

Arkhham

Also the Garage is separated object from the track.
    screen_1920x1080_2017-02-04_16-33-17.png

12. antoripa

antoripa

Yep -- just bought the package ....:)

Arkhham likes this.
  13. Arkhham

Arkhham

Awesome! Let me know, if you need anything! :)

14. antoripa

antoripa

Awesome is your work... excellent
    I will send you a PM ....
    Cheers.

15. alex31016

alex31016

Wow! Awesome! Is it optimized for mobiles?

16. Arkhham

Arkhham

No, its not! sorry.

17. CoderPro

CoderPro

would be great asset will support for mobile platforms. Because we are mobile developer, not for pc.

18. Arkhham

Arkhham

I'll see what i can do!
    (Supporting mobiles means, a lot of work has to go into it. So, If i do it! i would be increasing the asset price).

I'll let you guys know more about this soon.

Out of curiosity! For a track like this, whats your reasonable set pass calls and poly limit would be?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  19. Arkhham

Arkhham

Hello guys,
    I've started working on mobile support for the track. i'll try my best to make sure that it looks like desktop version.
    i'll be posting the progress here.
    Note:
    Price of this asset would increase when the Mobile support update hits the store. Existing customers will receive it for free.

antoripa likes this.
  20. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

Excelent work. Feels AAA. The price seems umbeatable to me. I've bookmarked as I'm not in the need now.

I would love to se Suzuka track.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  21. Arkhham

Arkhham

Thanks! i would definitely would be doing Suzuka circuit in one of those four remaining tracks in future.

22. CoderPro

CoderPro

@DeeMudhham I think the width of road small than real width road of real track. Could you check it again ?

23. Arkhham

Arkhham

Yes, it was done on purpose! Just in case to avoid the track road licensing stuff!
    It was about 25-30cm, you'd still have lot of space on track.

Capture.JPG

antoripa likes this.
  24. CoderPro

CoderPro

Do you have plan make animated driver for this pack ?

25. antoripa

antoripa

Yep .. I supposed that ...
    What are the next tracks you are going to release and what is the timeline ?

26. Arkhham

Arkhham

Yes, But i'm not sure. I'd figure customers wants to use the driver into their own cars and different steer wheel. So, the good solution would be using Driver IK.
    But, i'm not a programmer. So, i'll see if my friend who is programmer has time to code driver IK from me. If he doesn't, i'll just create animations.

Right now, you do get the Beta driver with some basic animations. Have you downloaded the link from readme file?

I did had a timeline, but now that i support mobile devices, i'm gonna have to create new one.

As for now, i want to finish the Track01's mobile support by next weekend. Then i'll get to creating rigged characters for the track01 (Driver, pit crew, grid girls and such).

After that, i'll start working on Track02.
    Originally, i had plans to create Monaco circuit for Track02, but now that changed to Track03. "Spielberg circuit" is the track i'll be modelling for Track02.

And about the animations for characters, I'll work on it after finishing all the tracks! This is because i want to create realistic animations but without MoCap, such animations will take long time and great effort.
    So, i'm planning to make these at the end.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    antoripa likes this.
  27. antoripa

antoripa

Excellent ... I look forward to seeing new oustading asset ...

Arkhham likes this.
  28. Arkhham

Arkhham

Hey, I appreciate if you guys can leave a review on store.:)

Cheers,
    Bhasker Dee

29. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

I don´t think that the track layout reproduction can cause any licensing issues. Using real neame and logos yes but layout... doubt it..

30. Arkhham

Arkhham

antoripa likes this.
  31. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

32. magique

magique

It seems from the best answer that there would be legal difficulties using your track. The answer as follows:

I'm not convinced that just changing the road width would eliminate the copyright issue. Do you have any more information to share on this? I would really love to use your track, but not if I'm going to get into a legal tangle with it.

[EDIT]
    Or have you done more than just change the road width?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  33. Arkhham

Arkhham

Yes, Take a look at the track comparison! Those are the additional changes that I've made.
    Untitled-1.jpg
    And the surrounding terrain is somewhat different too. These should be enough to distinguish the track as it's own thing. Just don't use the Catalunya track name and we are all good.

antoripa likes this.
  34. CoderPro

CoderPro

I has just bought your asset today after you say will make for mobile platforms. I hope you will continue maintain this asset for most real track. 98% real is ok about licensing issues.

p/s: some house or road part are missing in this track. Would be great if you add to this pack.

35. magique

magique

I have to be honest and say that I don't really see anything that different. I would suspect this would cause licensing issues for certain.

HereVR likes this.
  36. Arkhham

Arkhham

Yep! Don't worry, i won't disappoint!:)

U mean missing houses from real world track?
    I'll create new type of houses and place them there. Next update.

If you look at the games like GTA, they model real world cars and just remove the brand names. That didn't cause them any issue. Compare to that, Here we went an next mile.

37. Arkhham

Arkhham

If you guys are really worried about this, I can remodel a turn.
    Checkout the image, The red line will be the new turn, will that be fine? What do you guys think?
    ss.png

38. CoderPro

CoderPro

Would be great if you add to the next update and more ! :)

39. sstrong

sstrong

Do you have any plans to split tracks into their components? Like buildings, lights, pit wall segments, fencing? As separate meshes they would be useful to build custom tracks. Not too concerned about the track (road) itself - but we see value in the components as a DIY kit. Also, some of the meshes in the garage would be useful - obviously you've put quite a bit of effort and thought into this asset.

40. Arkhham

Arkhham

Well, If you guys want, I can split the components in the garage, but not sure about the track mesh.
    Since, These type of tracks can't be achieved with modular method. I mean if you look the picture, the highlighted object is one of the fence from the track mesh. Even if i export them separately, it's no worth on other projects.
    Capture2.JPG

Maybe i could do something like this in picture, Export only single object into New folder, which you could use them on some other project or in this if necessary. But please not that, Not all objects can be exported and be used in this method! For example Fence.
    Capture3.JPG

41. magique

magique

That would definitely make me feel more comfortable. I would say for future tracks you should even go beyond that. Take your basic real world track and mix up 3-4 sections to make them unique. Then there is no concern at all.

42. Arkhham

Arkhham

Yep! i'll definitely keep that in mind.

43. magique

magique

Excellent. I think as soon as you do that then there is zero concern and no grounds for anyone to claim infringement. It would actually be nice if you made 2 more obvious track area changes to this existing pack in addition to the one already planned.

Btw, your work is outstanding. The whole package looks amazing.

Arkhham likes this.
  44. Arkhham

Arkhham

Thanks, And I'm also thinking to change the car a bit different. Just in case.

45. sstrong

sstrong

The quality of the package looks great. I'm just wondering about the commercial viability of people using it in games. Once one game is released that uses your tracks, all others will be labelled copies. Yes, you can change game story line and cars and maybe change some details at each track, but essentially potential game buyers will see them as too similar. Other games may use similar "licensed" tracks, but the look and feel is generally quite different. Which brings me back to the kit idea. Your models are great and could easily be reused.

Yes, spline based meshes aren't generally reusable (fencing, roads). But buildings, and other track infrastructure is. Fencing could be made reusable by exporting the segments (which is how we currently build our spline-based fences, road-side walls etc.).

46. Arkhham

Arkhham

If you look at the games that features real world circuit, they always use the same tracks. I doubt anybody would label them as copies. Racing games are mostly about car physics, AI and gameplay.

Great, then i'll export the fences and any other similar meshes as segments!;)

47. CoderPro

CoderPro

@DeeMudhham If you make real and nice the first track. You will have many customers (include me) in the futures for other coming tracks.
    P/s: Please don't forget for mobile support. Great jobs !
    And please make optimize collider for the meshs in track. Usually, designer will make mesh collider and mesh with different objects.

TooManySugar likes this.
  48. Arkhham

Arkhham

Thanks!:) I did started working on mobile support already! but since, we thought to remodel the turn section, i kept the process on hold. once the remodel is done, i'll get back to mobile support, which shouldn't take much time.
    I'll be posting progress here!;)

49. CoderPro

CoderPro

@DeeMudhham ,
    Could you make road mesh for minimap ?

50. Arkhham

Arkhham

Yeah sure! It will be available in next update!