Search Unity

Current status of performance reporting

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by liortal, Jun 7, 2017.

1. liortal

liortal

We're evaluating solutions for crash and error reporting. Is this feature still in preview ?

2. thomasn_unity

thomasn_unity

Unity Technologies

This feature is no longer considered a preview. Looks like we forgot to remove that from the forum title, I'll see about getting that changed.

liortal likes this.
  3. liortal

liortal

Is there any page listing the features that are being offered? (e.g: tracking crashes, handled errors, custom data, native errors, supported platforms, etc).

4. ChrisLundquist

ChrisLundquist

Unity Technologies

https://unity3d.com/services/performance-reporting

Is the closest page I can find at the moment.

The real answer to your question is that you'll get managed exception reporting on most platforms, Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android. Along with some information about the kind of devices these crashes are happening on.

You'll also get native crashes for MacOS and iOS. (I think android is next on the list, Tom would know for sure.)

You won't get custom data, since Analytics has that already with custom events.

Hope this helps,
    Chris Lundquist

Novack likes this.
  5. liortal

liortal

Thanks Chris. i will be checking it out.

6. festival

festival

It still feels beta. i.e. device model isn't reported

7. samizzo

samizzo

Should this be working in 5.4.3f1 on iOS? I set "Enable CrashReport API", turned on performance reporting, in CrashReporter.h I set the ENABLE_CRASH_REPORT_SUBMISSION #define to 1, and set "Script Call Optimization" to "Fast, but no exceptions" and it doesn't work (I'm testing via "throw new ArgumentException("crash")" in an Update function). If I set "Script Call Optimization" to "Slow and Safe" I get the exception and message but no callstack.

8. mitchmeyer1

mitchmeyer1

Does Unity Performance Reporting work with WebGL for non development builds?