Search Unity

Culling issues in Game View, and Scene View flickering in 5.6.1

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by AnthonyPalma, Jun 24, 2017.

1. AnthonyPalma

AnthonyPalma

Hello!

I'm having issues with a game I updated from Unity 5.3 to Unity 5.6.1. The biggest issue is that occlusion culling and/or clipping seems to be screwed up now, and objects that get too close to the camera start to disappear even though they're clearly in camera view. It's not ALL objects, as the hanging sign in the attached screenshots never disappears. But the floor blocks and the character himself are disappearing (actually the character turns completely black - maybe a byproduct of the edge detect effect?). This never happened in the older Unity version, so it's something with the update and it's driving me nuts because I can't figure it out. During one playthrough, it actually didn't happen, but now it's happening consistently.

Screen Shot 2017-06-24 at 3.21.19 PM.png

The second issue is a weird editor issue, where the Scene View has several items flickering in and out. It seems to be the same items that are getting incorrectly culled, as again the sign never flickers but the blocks and character do. Even weirder is that if I click in the scene view, then click in the game view, the objects show up (as you can see in the above screenshot). But, as soon as I press any button my keyboard, they disappear again (as you see in the below screenshot).

Screen Shot 2017-06-24 at 3.20.06 PM.png

Any ideas for fixing both would be greatly appreciated!

2. AnthonyPalma

AnthonyPalma

bumping back up to front page, no ideas here?

3. AnthonyPalma

AnthonyPalma

Quick update: the issues don't show up in builds (building to WebGL right now), so it must be an editor bug. PHEW.