Search Unity

create new project with custom files/folders inside asset folder

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by lightshape, Jun 22, 2017.

1. lightshape

lightshape

is there a way to customize the 'create new project' process, so that there are always my favorit folder structure automaticlly pasted in the asset folder?

i'm working on a project configuration tool (editor window) for my colleagues, so that the process of setting up a new project egg. for ar/vr is as easy as possible.
    but at the moment you have to copy the folder structure with all the tools manually into the new project. so i asked my self if there is a way similarly to the creation of custom script templates?

2. Vectorbox

Vectorbox

Once you've created your folder structure, select the contents of the 'Project Pane', right click and select 'Export Package'. (Note that empty folders will be disgarded).

Before exporting, it can be useful to set-up a default scene as this can be used to quickly recall custom settings such as camera and lighting configuration. I have a few packages saved for specific project types, each with common script templates.

It's not totally automated of course, but just open a new project and select 'Import Package / Custom Package', open the saved scene and you're ready to go.

Hope this helps

3. lightshape

lightshape

thanks songroom...
    that's my current workaround too, but i was curious if there is a better way ;)