Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Crash when switching to differnt build platform

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Seeker2921, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Seeker2921

Seeker2921

Hi,

Having an issue when switching from PC **** Standalone platform to Android. Unity hangs with no end in sight until I kill it manually.

I'm on Ubuntu 16.04.1 Unity 5.6.0xb6Linux Personal. AMD FX 8350 with 32GB ram. Was able to switch between platforms on last beta on same project.

Any one else encountering this, or am I the lucky one?

If this is not a known issue I'll dig into any logs I can find tomorrow and post back.

thanks!

2. Tak

Tak

I'm not aware of this issue - if it happens consistently with your project, please file a bug report with your project attached.

3. tommel1234

tommel1234

I had the same problem with Ubuntu 16.10 .. I fixed it when I have change the Android SDK and java JDK in Edit/preference/External tool for their location.

4. Seeker2921

Seeker2921

Tak, If it continues, I will file the report.

Tommel, Interesting, I did approach this idea but only verified proper locations in the preferences. I will adjust them and see if this corrects my issue and report back in a few hours when I get home from work tonight.

tommel1234 likes this.
  5. Seeker2921

Seeker2921

Tak, Problem solved.

Problem was resolved by using Tommel's method. To test this theory I checked it against a new project. That project was set as PC initially then swapped to Android. Unity crashed.

I then went to external tools and opened the folder selector for SDK only it defaulted to location already listed. I then tried a switch on both projects. Unity Crashed.

I then went back to external tools and opened the selector for JDK. Switched both projects. Unity did NOT crash. Problem resolved.

I suspect during the upgrade from versions, these two properties were not assigned correctly.

tommel1234 likes this.
  6. Tak

Tak

Thanks for the additional information - we'll investigate further.