Search Unity

Courseware website is slow, buggy, broken, not optimized for modern browsers and monitors

Discussion in 'Unity Certification' started by violinbg, May 8, 2017.

1. violinbg

violinbg

I'm trying the Unity Certified Developer Course - but I'm having difficulties.

• I'm unable to go to Full screen mode. Chapter one says I can click on the lower right of the player - but there is no Fullscreen option there. Not only is there no option - the recording in the video itself is missing it.

• The website is slow and the UI is non-responsive - takes 1-2 seconds after I click for it to take effect. The fonts are super blurry - they look like an image that has been zoomed out. I haven't seen such graphics since 1998.

• Some videos are moving up and down (flickering if you may) and it's very uncomfortable for the eyes - check Chapter 02 - Video 01.

• Items are hard to click. Mouse location on screen and actual location on the interface are not the same. You have to move mouse to left like 200px and down 20px to select items.
    I have to say, I have used quite some LMS but this one is the worst yet. And these are just the issue I found in the first 30 minutes in that system.

I'm pretty sure part of this is because the site doesn't seem to work with 4k monitors. And the "web site" is some pre-rendered Javascript-what-not application. It almost feels like it's remote desktop and it's taking screenshots and sending them back to the browser.

Sorry for the bad feedback, but I just can't see how you released this course not had anyone test it out first.
    I can attach screenshots for you to see (they are ugly) but I don't know if it's legal for me to to do - since materials are probably copyrighted.

PS: Also sorry if these issues are already posted here. Feel free to delete post. I had my hopes high for this, I needed to post this... so disappointing...

SirTwistedStorm likes this.
  2. Tarrag

Tarrag

Full screen press F

3. WiredEarp

WiredEarp

That does nothing, Tarrag. I've noticed you said the same thing on another thread, but pressing F does nothing I can see. Clicking the full screen icon on the video player doesn't do anything, either. I'm thinking of requesting a refund, currently this seems unusable.

4. createmyreality

createmyreality

The course interface is terrible. Fullscreen sometimes works (on Firefox, not chrome) but now it's stopped again. Wasted a lot of time trying to get it working.

5. WiredEarp

WiredEarp

Ok. I've had a serious play with this and now have some conclusions. For a while, Chrome was the only browser that would fullscreen for me. Then, Chrome stopped working totally since a recent Chrome update. So, I was forced to fix the issue for other browsers. Since I determined it was a Flash video, I downloaded the latest Flash from Adobes site and installed it, and was able to get the fullscreen icon/F key working in Firefox to fullscreen the window. So, my suggestion if you have fullscreen issues is to first attempt to update Flash to the latest version.

6. Tigersong

Tigersong

I read an article stating that Adobe is phasing Flash out over the next few years. Can anyone confirm this?