Search Unity

Controller not working/showing up in app

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by rishiu, Jul 14, 2017.

1. rishiu

rishiu

In my unity project, my daydream controller doesn't show up at all after I build the app. It works if I connect a phone to my laptop as an emulator, but not after I build the app and use the actual controller. It used to work before and it works in other apps, but doesn't work in any app that I build in Unity. It doesn't even work in the GoogleVR Demo apps if I build the apk myself. The controller is definitely connected to the phone so that doesn't seem to be the issue. I was thinking it might be an issue with the settings in Unity but I'm not sure. I have added GvrControllerMain, GvrEventSystem, and GvrControllerPointer to my scene. Any ideas why this is happening or what I can do to fix it?

2. BennyDB

BennyDB

Same issue, any idea / any luck?

3. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

What Unity Version are you using? Google VR SDK Version?

4. jmitcheson

jmitcheson

Do you have 'Skip VR entry screens' enabled on your phone? If so, turn it off or else manually 'wake up' the controller each time you start your app by holding down the home button for a while.

5. BennyDB

BennyDB

2017.2 with GVR 1.1001, Skip VR Entry screen is not enabled and I'm selecting the scene from the daydream home so I am assuming the controller is awake. It seems to be working sometimes now if I hold buttons down before/during load.

6. BennyDB

BennyDB

Also, the position of some objects are different between scene view in editor and the build. When streaming from the instant preview they seem to be in the same position but when building to the device they seem to be offset in different directions. This probably deserves another thread but curious...

7. wolph_1

wolph_1

Hey did you ever get a better/more consistent fix for this? Got the same problem

8. wolph_1

wolph_1

Still haven't been able to narrow down why the controller works in live preview when you add it manually, but not the actual build. However, luckily the demo scenes that come with the SDK work. For anyone else having this issue, my easy fix/workaround was: open a demo scene from the GoogleVR SDK that uses the controller (like the VideoDemo) and make a duplicate scene from it. In your duplicate scene, you can delete all the extra GameObjects you don't want and go from there.