Search Unity

Connect Changelog

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by markp-unity, Nov 21, 2016.

1. markp-unity

markp-unity

Connect Change Log (2016-11-21)

This week we’ve made our first official release to Connect since going open beta at Unite! Thank you to everyone participating on the site and in the forum. So far, your participation and use of the site has far exceeded our expectations, so thank you :D

So blah blah blah, what’s new Mark!?

Inviting others to Connect
    You now have the ability to add current of former colleagues to your projects, even if they aren’t on Connect. Giving credit where it’s due helps builds your credibility — it shows that you are honest about your role and contribution to the work, which in turn makes people feel more confident about your skills and integrity.

Adding Contributors to your projects is incredibly easy: just post or edit a Project — you’ll see ‘Add Contributors’ below your project images. Now you can also add and invite Contributors via email, even if they’re not on Unity Connect yet.

Sharing your projects is easier than ever
    We noticed that many of you were directly linking to various stores if you had published a finished project. Now all you have to do it edit your project and append it with your links.

[SEE ATTACHED IMAGE]

If you’re an Asset Store developer you’ll love this part! Any Asset Store Asset imported to Connect will come with a default Asset Store Icon and a “Buy it on Asset Store” link in the project. So make sure you sync your work with Connect so that you can engage your customers and potential contracts in a brand new way.

Lastly, if you’re a social media user now you can use FB, Twitter, or Pinterest to share your projects - improving your discoverability and potential network. Be proud of what you’re creating and let the world know!

Various Fixes
    We also fixed the following issues brought up via forums and our support channel:
    • Remote OK should now filter in Jobs as expected
    • Fixed a bug that wouldn’t allow users to publish a project when uploading a video
    • Added ‘Following’ tool-tips around the site to improve visibility of who you are following
    • Added viewcount to projects
    • Extend character limit for education (Sorry to the “Bachelors of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science” majors)
    • We now show the LIKE button as green for visibility. You can also LIKE a project from the Discover Projects view.
    • Fixed some minor issues with search
    • Squashed some email bugs
    • Last but not least, Typos
    Last our next release should be 2016-11-28 so keep your eyes peeled!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  2. liortal

liortal

What do you mean by this exactly ?

3. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey liortal.

I forgot a word :D - You can now share yours and others projects on social media. I've updated the post.

4. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey Everyone!

Hope you had a great holiday season and New Years! If you have questions about the release or what to report issues, please start a new thread so we can track it correctly :D We released an update on the 30th here are some of the notes:

New Features:
    • Report user, project, job
    You can now report users, projects or jobs if you believe the material is inappropriate, infringing on copyright, etc. We will review these issues one-by-one and make a decision.
    • Widgets on activity page
    We've made some changes to how activity page behaves during your first few sessions on Connect. For most users, you shouldn't see any change.
    • Import e-mail contact
    You can now import your contacts via email in order to instant-follow any matches. At the moment you can only do this from your activity feed, so if you don't see the widget remain calm :D We'll be adding it as a permanent button in your profile soon.

Bug fixes (edited):
    1. Update follower status icon
    2. Fix Duplicated notification (sorry!)
    3. Update twitter share copy to "#unityconnect" not "@unityconnect"
    4. Display asset store icon and link for imported projects
    5. Add scrollbar for invite to project contributor
    6. Budget max can no be lower than min
    7. Add currency symbol for job detail page
    8. Closed or expired job/task can also be managed
    9. Allow project contributor to editor project description
    10. Latest invitation/application displays first
    11. Project support drag to upload
    12. Default http for Company link (hopefully no more https security issues)
    13. Optimize button background color
    14. Like and unlike project cause multi notifications

5. Maltrane

Maltrane

mark,

I'm an entrepreneur and am starting a video game company, but I also do consulting for small businesses. I've had a couple of contracts with indie dev companies and have seen that one of the biggest issue they have, is the business side of making games. Creatives are everywhere, but the key besides a great product, is to launch it right.

When I was applying for Unity connect there wasn't any business skills or setup for my profile, do you think this will be added in the future?

I believe that if Unity will connect an entire development team, it should include the marketers, the managers, and business minded people of the team as well.

Let me know, thanks!

6. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey Maltrane,

We definitely want to be a service that holistically serves game-making. Like an onion, there are layers and we started with the core (artist, developer) and we will be wrapping more on as we go (like you mentioned).

If you'd like to offer some advice / feedback about what features you'd expect to see to accomplish those needs, please reach out to me at markp@unity3d.com so we can chat. I'll give you a sneak peak of what we're thinking ;)

7. markp-unity

markp-unity

We’re super excited to bring you another minor release with a bunch of fixes that many of you have been asking for since our November release. So let’s jump right into the most requested:

You can now delete projects. That’s right! If you create a project and you’re not happy with it or made a mistake, you can now delete it entirely. All you have to do it “Edit Project” and click “Delete” at the bottom. Use it wisely though as there is no recovering.

Also, we noticed that many of you were trying to write long descriptions in your project, but it was very difficult. So we added a new addition to Projects called Paragraphs. Now you can add blocks of text between your project content in case you are telling a story, keeping a historical log, or even writing a tutorial. We hope you like it!

You can now retract an application. We’ve updated the application flow a bit to make sure that you only put your best foot forward and not in your mouth! Now when you click Apply to a job, you have the option of adding a bit of extra information (CV, Cover Letter, Projects, and custom questions as defined by the job poster). This extra step allows you a chance to back out if you’re not ready. Also, if you do make a mistake, you can retract your application with one-click from the Jobs > Applications section.

If you post a job or task, we will ask you once for feedback. Our team is all about listening to our users and trying to make the best changes we can for you. After your job post expires or you close it we will ask you to answer a brief survey. This information will help us understand if we’re moving in the right direction!

If you have any more feedback, please don’t hesitate to start a new thread in the forum. Thanks Unity Connect users!

8. Warsoul

Warsoul

Can't find how to post a project anymore !

9. markp-unity

markp-unity

11-20-17 Updates

Hey all - It's been a while since we've updated the change log (although there have been many iterations since the last). I'll be working on doing a better job communicating the updates to you all here.

New Homepage / Feed
    We have removed the old homepage so that all users could immediately access to core navigation to Unity Connect & see top content posted by the community. Our goal here is to expose users to the array of features of Connect earlier, allowing more people to engage with the content & people. We want to merge the "Hottest" and "Feed" sections, but we haven't found a heuristic that we like so hopefully we crack that soon.

Until then - "Hottest" is all content that Unity employee's denote as "Hot". "Feed" is all content that is relative to your account / connections.

You'll also notice that we have a Social Media-esque navigation on the left which will serve as a place holder for future navigation as we add features / services. Although we know many of you might be turned off by the look / UX, we think it's a UI that scales really well for our plans with the site. We'll be looking to align the design closer to developer.cloud.unity3d.com in the coming months.

Challenges
    Unity, our partners, and companies are constantly running challenges, contests, and game jams, so we've built a portal to host our own. The 1st challenge is up (Neon Challenge) and details will be live on Dec 1st. It's got a huge prize pool so be sure to visit on the 1st to see if you're up for it!

We'll be attempting to run 1 challenge / month - so if you would like to host one on Connect, contact us at connect@unity3d.com.

Upcoming updates:
    • Job / Task updates - We've been running a lot of surveys with you and collecting a ton of feedback. We should have the top 10 issues (as reported by you all) fixed soon in a release in December.
    • Groups - We're investigating a design that will allow you to browse and create groups so that you can curate your conversations, projects, tasks and jobs by the parameters that matter to you.
    Stay tuned and thanks for using Connect!

10. programad

programad

Any news on the possibility to merge Showcases and Games, switch types between them and link the post on your company and on your own profile?

11. nmad

nmad

Hi. In the past, I was able to post webgl demos as embedded for game projects and showcase. Now that option is now unavailable. Was it removed? I think it was great to showcase interactive demos without leaving unity connect.

12. valahor

valahor

begining from this day i don`t recive any notifications, is that a bug or something not right from my side?

13. Deleted User

Deleted User

14. cgraf1

cgraf1

@markp-unity Unity Connect has been slow and unresponsive for me today as well

15. leoliu264

leoliu264

Be nice to save the job search filter, or can view jobs by open new tab, or have a quick save button for jobs I searched. Right now I set filter, search, view more on a job, then have to go back, reset filter and search again to view other jobs

16. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Capture.PNG

How to change to the language in English?
    My browser & Unity account settings language is English.