Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Conflicted files selecting choose theirs do nothing

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by TheFlyvio, May 4, 2017.

1. TheFlyvio

TheFlyvio

I had various conflicts wich I selected choose theirs, but 3 of them ask for confirmation and do nothing.
    I am stuck, what to do?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @TheFlyvio! When you select Choose Theirs and get asked for confirmation from 3 of them can you say exactly what the message is that you're seeing? Are you resolving conflicts on scene files or on different types of files?

3. TheFlyvio

TheFlyvio

I think I understood what happened: I did not have any diff tool installed, so I took your recomendation in other post and installed WinMerge. After installing I tried to see the differences and resolve my issue and the message was 37, file is missing. My teammate have deleted the file and I had it yet. Deleting the file locally did not resolve the problem, so I decided to upload the files.
    Long story short, I got stuck when my teammate deleted the entire TextMeshPro folter to install the new version.

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I'm glad that you found a diff tool to use. Could you tell me which version of Unity you're using? Did you have local edits in your TextMeshPro folder before you tried to Update and get the commit where the folder was deleted?

5. TheFlyvio

TheFlyvio

unity v 5.6.0f3
    I dont believe we have ever made any edit to any file in the TextMeshPro(paid) folder.

6. TheFlyvio

TheFlyvio

One more information, before I installed the diff tool, nothing happened when I select "use theirs" + confirmation. No action, no message, nothing. Just after installing the diff tool, when I clicked the eye icon, the message 37 appeared

7. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Thank you for the extra info. I'd like you to try something:

1) The user that originally deleted the folder (User1) needs to create a dummy TextMeshPro folder.
    2) User1 publishes the TextMeshPro folder.
    3) User2 Updates.
    4) User2 Publishes the delete.

Let me know if that unblocks you.

8. TheFlyvio

TheFlyvio

Sorry, I already resolved, commiting the deleted files...

9. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Great to hear! Let us know if you have any more questions in the future!